Chapter Ten

"Why did you leave me?...Mom, I miss you so much, now I am all alone in this world...you don't deserve to die" Ritz says crying
   "Ritz!"
   "What do you want?....please leave"
   "I am not going anywhere until we talk about everything"
   "Mason,there is nothing to talk about...you are having a child with another woman"
    "Ritz, we have everything to talk about, we are still getting married"
    "I don't think I can get married to you"
    "No, you can't do that...I have been waiting for this all my life"
    "Then why did you do it?... Why are you expecting a child from another woman?"
    "I told you it was a mistake"
    "Then it was a mistake saying yes to you"
     "Ritz *he holds her*
     "Ritz, we can still get married, have our own kids, start a beautiful family"
     "And Clover's baby, what will happen to her baby?"
     "I will take responsibility for the child"
     "Do you even know what responsibility means?"
     "Yes, I do... to be there when he needs me and so on"
     "It is not only about that"
     "Then what?"
     "Can you sacrifice your happiness for the child?"
     "Yes.... I mean I don't know"
     "Then we can't get married"
     "But I already said I can sacrifice anything for the child but I still don't know"
     "As a responsible parent, you should be able to sacrifice anything for your child even if it includes your happiness as long as your child is fine"
     "Fine...I can sacrifice"
     "I am your happiness...you just sacrificed me for your child....so there is nothing anymore...I want you to pay full attention to him so he won't feel fatherless just like how I felt all my life" she cleans her tears with the back of her hands
      "I don't get you anymore....How do you expect me to be happy when you my happiness is gone"
      "Simple...you will make your child your new happiness"
      "I don't think I can do that....that baby is not from you"
      "You have to try because no matter what that baby is your flesh and blood"
       "What about you?....you are letting me go....can you ever be happy?"
       "Of course...that because I am doing the right thing...I don't want that child to end up like me just having half love from my parents...my father never met me till my mother died"
       "You are going to have regrets"
       "Regrets?"
       "Yes"
       "Do you regret the fact that you are having a child with Clover?"
       "Don't twist my head with all these...you are making me so confused"
       "Same with me...I am so confused so please leave me alone" she walks away
              ******************
     "I didn't know you were already back"
   *She didn't answer*
    "Ritz, I am so sorry"
    "Tell me, Karen for what?....You were in bed with Cliff...so what is there to be sorry for"
     "I am sorry because I didn't tell you that Cliff and I dated"
     "What!"
     "Yes, we dated"
     "You never told me about that...the thing you said was that Cliff is a childhood friend"
     "I am sorry I lied"
     "Why did you lie?"
     "It's a long story"
     "You are still keeping things from me"
     "I am sorry" she bows her head down
     "I am really so tired...I can't have this conversation with you...I am off to bed" she stands up
     "And Mason? Were you able to talk?"
     *Ritz turns to face her*
    "You have no right to ask me about that"
    "You have to talk about him"
    "It doesn't concern you" then she leaves
    "Ritz!.... I am so sorry" tears come out faster
             *******************
     "I am so disappointed in you....how could you have done that?"
     "I am sorry, dad....it was a mistake"
     "Quit saying sorry, it doesn't change anything"
     "I know but please don't tell Mom, she would definitely freak out"
     "Like me but you will still have to tell her eventually"
     "Yes, I would but I am just waiting for the perfect moment to"
     "There is nothing like the perfect moment in this situation, make it soon"
     "Dad, I need your help"
     "What's that?"
     "I need you to help me with Ritz"
     "Seriously?"
     "Yes, she is not answering my calls and not replying my messages"
     "Mason, this is your problem...fix it" he hangs up
     "Dad... Dad...
*******
    "Are you joking?"
    "I am not...your son just impregnated another woman"
    "That's a big lie...I can't believe that"
    "Just calm down, that's why I didn't want to tell you"
    "Either way...I would still find out" she dials Mason's number
    "What are you doing?"
    "Calling him of course....Mason.... I thought you were responsible...you disappointed me big time"
    "Mom?"
    "Yes, it is Mother"
    "Dad told you?"
    "Obviously, he didn't.... You are getting married to Ritz and that won't change...I know all what you went through and you shouldn't allow this woman and her baby to stop anything"
      "Mom, I am sorry...I just need you and dad's help....Ritz has been ignoring me since"
      "Mason, correct your mistakes...don't worry about her...I will definitely talk to her even it is for me to go to Los Angeles"
       "Thank you so much, Mom"
       "Don't thank me, I am doing this for Ritz and not for you....don't forget there will be a forever connection between that woman, her child and your own family"
       "I know but I don't have any choice"
       "Having a child with another woman outside is really terrible....you might never be trusted again by your real family" she looks at her husband
       "Don't give me that look, Benita"
       "What?....your son just did what you did years ago"
       "Mom...it is okay"
       "Are you trying to shut me up?"
       "Not at all....we have forgotten about that since, you don't have to bring it up again"
       "You can't blame me...immediately I heard what happened...I remembered instantly"
       "So when are you coming to Los Angeles?"
       "I will tell you when"
       "Okay Mom"
       "Your sister is coming to San Diego"
       "Are you for real?"
       "So I am a liar now?"
       "I never said that...I mean when she got married and relocated to Canada...I never thought I was going to see her again"
       "She is not dead so definitely you will see her again...she is coming days before the wedding"
       "Okay but don't worry.... I and her will definitely talk about it, I miss her so much"
       "And don't forget to tell her the stupid thing you did"
       "Mommy"
       "Yes now"
       "I have to go now....I will call you later and don't forget to tell me when you are coming to Los Angeles"
       "Alright, bye"
       "Bye Mom....Love you"
       "I don't love you again" she hangs up.