Chapter 40 Sam

I couldn't believe Quinn just threw that morning back in my face. The dreams I used to have every morning that woke me sweaty, aching, and frustrated. That morning during me dream with Quinn, as the leading man, I re-enacted what had happening in the dream for real with Quinn. Dmitri was shoot with a tranquilizer and we were being chased down by two vehicles the night before. I was restless and scared so Jack ordering someone to stay the night. After a restless couple of hours Quinn finally had me calmed and curled up in bed beside him. Where we both fell asleep and left his body there in the morning to play out me dream.

I was horrified as the memory of that morning was clear as the day as if it happened that morning. Pissed he said it in front of Lawrence and betrayed that he broke his promise. As my anger rose so did my beasts. One second Quinn's body was pressed against mine with his hot breath against my cheek and the next he was crumpled on the floor across the room.

"Come on Sam, control it, control them. Put your beasts back if you can. Or is the urge to rip my throat out to strong." Quinn's gravelly voice made me see red. The blood lust was intensifying and my ability to think straight was blurred.

"Or are you just a bitch in heat? Is that what you want Sam? Is your wolf stronger than you? Does she want to be dominated? Does she want me to knock her to the ground, with your ass up in the air and give her my cock from behind?" The growl in his voice seemed to flip the switch. The blood lust still lingered but the lust my body felt and that was constantly on my mind surpassed any other thought or emotion I had left.

My wolf was the one who pushed the blood lust away. Quinn's wolf scent was intriguing, his deep growl touched places deep inside me that no fingers could ever reach. My wolf's image of us on all fours with Quinn draped over our back, holding us in place while taking control and entering us was all she wanted and wanted it now.

My body ached to be near him. What little of my mind was left tried to climb my way up, but as my wolf began to take control my lion blocked me from taking back control. It was like being shoved into a ten-foot wall. Even though there were foot holdings I could use to pull myself out my lion stood looking down at me snarling to stay put.

"No. Look at me. Sam you can do this, push your beasts back, Sam." I could hear Lawrence's voice faintly. My lion recognized the Pride leader as well, giving me the chance I needed to make it up the last three feet to swing my leg up while my lions attention was on the Leader of the Pack.

My wolf was no longer ahead of us, as I turned frantically looking around in my mind, our little personal forest. I could no longer see my wolf or sense Quinn's wolf. Now side by side with my lion, I took that final step, struggling to push through the invisible barrier; air around me thickened closing in around. Every inch I moved it was like fighting against silly putty. Yes I moved further but not really getting anywhere. Using all my strength, I focused every thought on breaking through and taking back charge of my body. Showing my beast that although we shared the same space, I was Dominate and I was willing to give them their time but no matter what I was in charge.

"That's it Sam, deep breaths. Good girl. You are in charge not your beasts," Lawrence's reassuring words gave me strength.

Eyes closed, breathing deep, I finally truly felt in control of my body and emotions. My lion was close but she was no longer a threat in taking over. Exhausted, I leaned into Lawrence wrapping my arms around his waist. "Thank you, Lawrence."

His hands moved from my face to my shoulders moving down until they encircle around my waist. Holding him tight sinking into the comfort of his arms, face snuggled in the crock of his neck taking in the familiar scent of home. My lion, that never went back to rest, hesitantly moved forward. I wasn't the only one who needed Lawrence's contact,