Chapter 44 Jack

An hour later everyone was as calm as they were going to get. Joseph stayed as far from Sam as the room allowed and watched her every move. I did admit that seeing Sam's lioness take control in her human form was alarming but didn't understand Joseph's reaction. Once again Sam has added excitement of the unknown to my pack. Dmitri and Nickoli were keeping close to Sam. Something definitely happened recently because where Nickoli was once a very caring loving boyfriend he was more now a bodyguard. Now it was Lawrence that stayed close to Sam and it seemed like it was his touch that eased the tension in her shoulders and no one else's. Dammit this was none of my business but it was almost time to find out what the hell is going on for sure. Assuming something just complicates things and leaves questions unanswered.

"Ok what I need to know, Joseph, is if Sam is a danger to us or herself at this moment?" There were so many questions that needed to be answered but if they were going to save Joseph's sister I needed to know the immediate danger first.

"As long as she doesn't let them out while she is in human form...no," Joseph answered still looking at Sam.

"Can you do that Sam?" Sam answered by glaring at me. "Ok so now we need a plan. Sam is right if we get to close, Suzie is dead. I've been thinking and I am not keen on this but it's all I can come up with. Before anyone flips out, I am looking for other, better suggestions," I looked pointedly at every pack member then the pride members.

"Just like when we rescued Sam we had GPS devices with us to let our guys here know where we were and when we were in place. Now, what if we are able to implant something like that in Samantha?"

"You mean let her go in alone?" Dmitri asked. From the look on his face and the disgust in his eyes, I was going to have a fight on my hands.

I ignored his question knowing full well that he knew the answer. "If anyone has something better I'm all ears."

After deliberating for another 20 minutes Lawrence spoke, "It's the only way. We have to let her go. We all know she's going to do it anyway. And unless you are planning to lock Sam up and deal with the consequences then we go with Jack's plan. Except, I would like to test something out before we implant a GPS in her body," he looked at Sam and she smiled at him.

"Jack? Jack, can you hear me?" Sam's voice echoed in my mind. Looking at her in astonishment her smile grew knowing I could hear her.

"Son of a...can you," he started to say out loud then thought, "Can you hear me? How long have you and Lawrence known you could do this? And can the rest hear you?"

After a few seconds, jaws dropped, looks of shock and excitement lite up the men's faces. It was Mason that nailed it on the head, "That is so fucking cool."

This opened up so many possibilities but once again I had to focus on the now. "How far will this work? We need to test it and now. We need to see if anything interferes like walls, concrete, but we only have 30 minutes then we need to get the final plans set." This new development had Dmitri and the others off track and forgetting about just how dangerous letting Sam go off by herself was. It wouldn't last and all I could ask for was some time to think on how to get Sam and Suzie back.