Chapter Six

ALEX OPENED HIS EYES AND DARKNESS WELCOMED HIM.

Suddenly, a blinding light went on. Alex's eyes started burning and tears rushed down from his tightly-closed eyes. When he attempted to open them, he found himself unable to see anything other than the bright light.

"You are finally awake," said a rough voice.

Where did the voice come from? He could not know.

As Alex tried to shift in his own seat, he heard some chains clinging. After a few attempts, he came to realize that his hands were chained to the wall and his legs to the cold chair that was probably made of metal and which was pinned to the ground. He could barely move and the bright was hurting his eyes twice as more now.

His mouth was not covered. "Where are my friends?" he asked angrily.

"You don't have to worry about them," the same deep voice suggested.

All Alex wanted to do was to shout. And he did. "What do you want from us?"

"That's an interesting question," the man pointed out. "Honestly, nothing!" he said with a cold voice.

Alex tried to get rid of the chains that held him but with no use. "Bullshit. What is this then?"

"You make me laugh."

"Huh."

"Let me make this clear–" the man started.

"Oh please do," Alex interjected.

"Shut up!" The Invisible-Man's voice was calm and as cold as ice.

"I'm going to ask you questions and you are going to answer me immediately." "I won't."

"Oh, believe me, you will."

"Screw you."

"Had I known you were this pleasant, I would've taken you earlier."

What Alex hadn't realized (because his head hurt) was that the man's voice echoed. This only meant that they were in a really big place.

The light was always directed to him and he kept his head down all the time. He felt filthy.

Everything was coming back to him: they were walking in the streets of Toulouse. They heard a car accelerate and a sharp pain in their necks. They had been drugged. This explains the headache, Alex thought.

"What is your full name?" the dark-voiced man asked.