Cracks

❝ If you must live, darling one... Just live ❞

~ You - Keaton Henson

∘⋆⋅✯⋅⋆∘

A/N ya so in this chapter I'll take Micheal's POV but just letting you know that mostly this will be story from Adam's POV.

∘⋆⋅✯⋅⋆∘

Well, that was done now. Probably the best he could have expected. He throwed his last glance at the boy that was resting against the bars of the prison they were stuck in feeling the claws of guilt tore trough him again.

The eldest archangel felt bad. Really, really bad. His ex vessel was pratictly innocent but still he had attacked him like a wild bear. It wasn't right. Father wouldn't have wanted that. But still, he abandoned them, why should he be nicer to his creation?

But that shouldn't change anything. He wasn't like Lucifer after all. He leaned back not knowing what to do. It's not he had many options anyways. Honestly this not-being-able-to-do-anything thing was driving him mad. It specially after the hundreds of years he spent here. It really was a miracle that the archangel was still pretty sane.

For some moments he just stood there, like he's been doing for so long but after that he got sick of it. He got sick of it all; the heat, the surroundings, the silence, the bars, the smell of rotten eggs, iron, sweat and blood, the cage it self, the hell it self. All of it.

Michael sprang up not having it anymore. He headed to the iron bars in front of him sliding his thick fingers on them. The time when Lucifer messed with Sam when the Winchester had already gotten out he made some cracks into the metal prison where they were rooting. He had to find them, he had to make them bigger.

He let his palm run over the bars focusing only on the cold metal beneath his hand. And then he found it. The archangel's fingers trailed over the cracks and testeing how deep they were. He was quite impressed to be honest, the few cracks might have been caused by something what he hasn't gotten to know about yet but he rememberd how hard his brother was trying to make them bigger and deeper to let his powers get to his vessel's mind, and the work he had putted there was really obvious.

"Listen,- ... Sorry, I never got to know your name." The angel spoke softly looking in the direction where the boy was siting. His ex vessel snorted even thought he still felt a mix of unease and fear from him "Adam." Michael  nodded "Alright, Adam. The noise of my next action might get quite unpleasant so prepare yourself."

With that the angel sighed puting his finger tips on the cracks in the chilly iron bars. He prepared himself, and took his last breath, closing his eyes as he touched the bars focusing all his power and energy to his fingers. A cloud of pure white light stared to cover them with a ringing sound. Adam had turned his head gazing at the archangel with a worried sea blue orbs.

The ball of light grew larger and larger and the unpleasant ringing got louder as well. The angel twitched a bit from the strong power he was forcing to go trough his hand but kept going even thought from the expressions he made it was obvious getting harder for him.

And almost at the point where the eldest archangel thought that he will be not able to take it anymore a loud crack echoed trough the dark depths of hell. Even thought he made the cracks only a bit larger the rush of joy that went trough him was the one a young child gets taking their first steps into Disneyland.

Oddly the emotion gave him even more courage and made him feel even more powerful. He kept going putting all effort he had. More cracking sounds came loud as thunder.

But the archangel felt his juice running out. His body was getting weaker. He fell on the ground taking deep breaths. But he can't give up, not now when he's so close. But he felt heavy. He's eyelashes were slowly falling closed. He just wanted to stay on the ground.

No... He can't do that now. Griping to the bars he raised himself up on his feet. The archangel drew a sharp breath and slowly sighed trying to concrete his energy. He took few steps further preparing himself for the next move.

Within few seconds he was running to the bars and crashing his shoulder on the cold iron with all the power he had a loud bang echoing trough the dark pit. The hit would have broke a human's bones into shreds but well... as we know he wasn't really human. And then he did it again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...

Michael was exhausted. He fell on the ground again and closed his eyes. He felt hot sticky liquid stream from his shoulder and making his torn shirt damp. Blood.

Adam stared at him fearfully not knowing what to do. The archangel just lay there. His juice was out, he must rest. And so he did

۝ஓீ͜͡ঔৣ፝͜͡❂❦•°•❦ஓீ͜ঔৣ͜͡ ፝۝

Michael's eyelashes slowly flew open. He had passed out... But not for too long. At least he thought so. The angel groaned and got up. His shoulder still hurt, but at least it had stoped bleeding. He looked over his cage "buddy" and saw him sitting in the corner his eyes widely open, staring at something behind him.  The archangel furrowed his eyebrows and turned around. The sight made him almost start choking on air cause of the huge gasp what escaped his lips.

The wall, the bars... there was a big hole in it...

He couldn't believe his eyes. He couldn't believe it had actually happened... He made a hole in the cage what meant, maybe he could finally get out of the cage...

After all these hundred years, maybe even centuries, he'll be able to feel the summer breeze brush his hair, the sunshine leaving it's warm touch on his face, the soft grass beneath his feet, the water's gentle drops ran over his skin, the fresh sharp scent what winter always leaves behind and more, and more, and more...

Michael actually never realised how wonderful was his father's creation, how much he missed it after being stuck in hell for so long.

He knew his wings were a bit "rusty" by now but he can try. Slowly opening them and feeling the bigger feathers brush against the cold bars. He took a deep breath. Stepping by the edge of the cage he looked around the emptiness. He'll finally do it. He'll fly away...