"Ten"

I dropped Nate off at his house at six in the morning, I didn't want to drop him off I wanted to sleep in late with him but today was Saturday and I have to spend the whole day hanging out with Dustin not that I have a problem with that. I laid in bed asleep till eight and around nine in the morning I heard Gen and dad cooking breakfast downstairs but I didn't go down to check I'd just wait till they call us boys down for food.

At 9:59 dad yelled up the stairs for breakfast so I got out of bed and walked down the stairs about three minutes later. In between all that time around seven I had gotten myself clean and dressed and had just went back to sleep.

I walked down the steps and into the kitchen and sat at the table where Harley, Mrs. Gen and dad were all eating, talking and smiling. But when I sat down with my plate everyone went dead silent and stared at there plates or the table or in dad's case he stared at me with a cold expression. I shoveled food in my mouth and chewed.

Sick of the compleat silence I had to speak.

"Morning  'family'"

I said with sarcasm.

"Good morning Winter"

Mrs. Gen says and goes back to quietly eating.

"Hey Harley"

"Yeah?"

"My friends coming over today wanna hang out with us?"

I looked over at him and he quickly looked away his cheeks were literally on fire I don't think I've seen someone blush that hard before.

"Oh, uh maybe... probably"

His voice says quickly, something's up.

"Ok."

He drinks some water from his cup and I looked over at dad who was already staring at me.

"Your curfew is at ten"

Dad says anger evident in his voice. But I almost choked on my food.

"A fucking curfew!"

"Language!"

He shouts I dropped my fork on my plate and sat my hands on the table in shock, why is he mad?

"What's your problem!?"

He stares at me and curled his top lip in distaste.

"My problem is you, your so fucking disrespectful to us....you come home the next day and don't tell me you fucking bring home strangers and you....you, FUCK THEM IN MY DAMN HOUSE AND DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ANYONE WHO SLEEPS RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR ROOM YOUR SO RUDE!"

Ah so that's what this strangeness is all about. I was pleased that everyone heard me making love to Nate it thrilled me in many ways. I smiled at dad and chuckled I could tell Gen and Harley were secretly looking at us both but didn't want to seem rude for staring and not minding there own business, but I didn't blame them.

"Well dad, there is a third floor that has rooms. And besides I don't act weird and angry when you and Gen decides to bang holes in my wall all night long!"

Dad scoffs while Gen blushes deeply.

"It's my house and we're grown we can do whatever the hell we want!"

Dad hasn't ever acted all like that unless I do something terrible but this behavior it's really new and I don't like it.

"Fine, whatever...."

I push my plate away and stood up and left the kitchen. My feelings were really hurt by the way dad just randomly changed it hurt to know that he's never had a verbal problem with me staying out late and bringing guys home which I barley ever did I'm not a man whore, but knowing that dad's behaving differently  around Gen is really stinging. I felt like crying. My once really cool dad is now acting like a strict father in training. I close my door and rubbed at my burning eyes, my nose began to burn. I am not going to cry hell no. I left my room and went straight to the bathroom leaving it open while I rinsed my face in cold water. And dried it off with a clean rag. I'm seriously considering leaving the house with a packed bag and staying a few nights with Dustin. I left the bathroom and walked down the stairs and into the leaving room.