(Story is currently under construction) Introductions

The sound of my alarm going off rudely interrupted me from an amazing dream. I roll over and shut off my alarm, getting up and stretching before heading out for my morning run.

    After coming back I headed straight to the shower, got out and got dressed for the day. I decided on a plain yellow shirt that said Feminine, some black ripped skinny jeans, denim jacket, and my go to chuck's. Heading down stairs I decided to get a muffin and my hydroflask. Before heading out I grabbed my backpack and phone.

    While stepping outside I see none other than Mason waiting in his car

    While stepping outside I see none other than Mason waiting in his car. Mason and I have been friends since birth, both of our mom's went to college together and have been best friends since.

    "Sup?" I asked while getting into his car

    "Ready for senior year?" He asked as he started the car. "Hell yeah! I'm so ready to leave this place." I said while putting our playlist on.

    One thing about myself you didn't know is that I have never had a boyfriend, or even been kissed before. Don't get me wrong I want to be in a relationship but no one will ask me out because they are scared of Mason. When we were freshmans and Mason made the football team he took it upon himself to tell every guy in the school that if they ever thought about me inappropriately or were thinking of sleeping with me then he would beat them up. Ever since then no one has ever asked me out. So for dances I just go with my friends Tammy, Leigh and Zo.

    We have been friends since elementary days, all of us just so happen to love dancing. We've been on a dance team together ever since, and of course i've been the captain of the team.

    We got to school and headed straight to our normal hang out spot. All our other friends were there. "Heeeeyyyy!!!" I said as we joined them.

    "Hey Ari!" They all said

    I stood there talking to Zo while Mase put his arm around my shoulder and talked to Bryan. Whenever he did things like this it wasn't really a big deal. Everyone was used to this kind of behavior between us. Then the bell rang and we all headed to class, luckily the girls and I had our first class  period together. It was science with Mrs. K.

    All the classes today were boring first day of school stuff that we all know. Now was lunch time, we headed to our usual spot. I waited for Mase to get us some snacks which he usually does, when Blake decided to sit on the table.

    "What's up good looking?" He said while tilting his sunglasses down to give me a wink.

    "Hey Blake, how was your summer?" I asked just making small talk

    "Oh you know, just made some new friends down in Malibu if you know what I mean." He said while smirking

    "Sup man!" Mase said as he sat next to me, while giving me my snacks

    "Sup dude!" He said as he did that guy handshake with Mase.

    Everyone came to the table and joined us, not sure how this happened but then we started talking about the dance this weekend.

    "So Ari wanna go together?" Blake asked with a grin

    "Yeah let me ask my dad if that's okay." I said with a smile as I playfully poked Mase in his side.

    "Sorry bro, she's my ride home." Mase said as he put his arm around my shoulder.

    The bell rang and we headed to the rest of our classes. The day flew by and I was currently sitting on the bleachers waiting for Mase to finish football practice. He was the star quarterback.  You may be wondering, why doesn't he have a girlfriend? Mase isn't one for dating; he only goes out with girls that he thinks will last. However with the girls at our school that's difficult because they want to date him for popularity. Don't get me wrong he does have his occasional hook ups but no one has caught his eye yet.

     The boys started heading to the locker room, so I decided to wait by the car. Mase comes jogging over to the car saying " Wanna stop and get some milkshakes?"

    "Is that a trick question? It's only tradition that we go to In-n-Out."

    Mase's mom passed away his freshman year of highschool from cancer. She actually started this tradition in kindergarten. Mason wasn't ready to go to school on his own and the only way he agreed was if his mom took him for milkshakes after. Ever since then we have turned it into our first day of school tradition. We go through the drive through and then head back to my house.

"I'm home!" I shout as we walk into the house. There was no response which wasn't a surprise. My mom was in New York as a background dancer for Hamilton on Broadway. As for my dad he was always on the phone working. Dad owned his own construction company and was the best one in town. He currently took on this big project to build a new office building downtown.

We head up to my room and I throw my bag on the ground next to my desk. Mase lays on my bed and scrolls through his phone. I have a seat in my papasan chair as I scroll through Instagram. Then I get a text;

Hey Ari, my neighbors throwing a party tonight. Starts at 9pm.

-Zo

I reply, then throw a pillow at Mase. "Hey watch the milkshake!" He shouted while looking at me confused

"Sorry. Wanna go to a party tonight?" I asked

"Of course!" He says

We continue scrolling through our phones until I check the time and tell him to go get ready. I head to the bathroom to get ready myself.