Chapter 4:You've been keeping something from me?

It was finally the weekend and our only plan was to head down to the pier. I packed my extra clothes and whatever else I needed before getting dressed. I got ready and headed outside to wait for Mase. 

Then I got a text:

Hey Ari can't wait to see you today :)

-Blake

I replied with a simply smiley face. What was I going to do? I know the real Blake, he's not a bad guy. There was just a part of me saying no. I think it was more guilt rather than the urge to say no. I know I'm feeling bad because I haven't told Mase and we don't keep secrets from each other. I think I should tell him on the way to the pier. It's roughly an hour drive so it would give us more than enough time to talk. Yup! That's what I'm gonna do. I nodded my head to reassure myself.

At that moment Mase pulled up beeping his horn.

"Let's get going, or the best spots are going to be taken." He said with a smile on his face. I threw my bags in the back and put on our playlist. We stopped for snacks and drinks at the gas station first. We were already 20 min. Into our drive and we had already sang our go to car ride songs. " Hey Mase there's something I wanted to talk to you about." I said nervousness in obvious in my voice.

"What's up Ari?" He said while focusing on the road.

"There's something I wanted to talk to you about... I've been kind of hiding it from you only because I wasn't sure how to tell you without you getting upset... " I said

"You've been keeping something from me? But I thought we promised not to do that." He said this time sadness was clear in his voice and face.

"I know Mase... I'm really sorry but you have to hear me out as to why I didn't tell you. Just promise you won't get mad at me?" I asked while giving him puppy dog eyes.

He looked at me for a bit before nodding his head okay.

"Okay so remember that party we went to? Well when I was waiting for the bathroom. Blake came up to me... kinda drunk... and told me that he has had a crush on me for a while. I thought he was just joking and being drunk but then he confronted me the next morning. So to fast forward a bit Blake wants to go out with me. I haven't given him an answer yet but I told him I would give him an answer today." I said.

We sat in silence for a bit, I was so nervous. I haven't heard him be this quiet unless he was asleep. I didn't want to rush him so I sat there playing with my fingers until he finally said something.

"Am i that controlling? I though I was just looking out for your best interest. I'm sorry if you felt that way." He said

"No it's fine Mase, I understand that you don't want me to get my heart broken but I need to experience those things on my own." I said

"I just want the best for you and he isn't the best. I don't approve of this at all. I don't think you should go out with him." he said while tightening his grip on the steering wheel

"Well if your going to give me attitude and be so demanding then I shouldn't have told you. I don't need a father figure Mase... you're not my dad!" I said this time yelling. I hate when he did that, he tried to be my dad and I didn't need that.

"You know what Ari if you think I'm being too bossy then don't worry about it. " He said with anger in his voice.

"Fine!You know what I'm going to tell Blake okay." I say as I cross my arms and face the window. The rest of the ride was silent between us. I knew this was going to end badly.

We got to the pier and I grabbed my things and slammed the door before walking off to our usual spot. I set up an umbrella, towel, chairs, and coolers. Just as I finished filling the coolers with ice Tammy them showed up.

"Hey girl hey!" Zo said as she walked up tossing her bag on the blanket.

"Okay so what did I miss?" Tammy said as she sat down.

I caught Tammy up on what she missed and I also caught up the other girls on what happened later that night and on the drive here.

"Ooooohhhh get it girl!!!" Zo said

"So are you going to tell Blake yes because of Mase not approving or is that what you want?" Leigh asked while putting on her sunblock

"I thought about that and I really want to give this a shot. How else am I supposed to know what being in a relationship is like?" I said

"Okay but don't say yes just to get relationship experience. Do it because you have feelings for him and you're in it for the long haul." Tammy said while rubbing my shoulder.

"I know Mase can be rude but you have to cut him some slack he is just trying to look out for you. We all are and we just want you to be happy." she continued

"I know... I do want to be with Blake. I know he is normally a player but I know him and I know what a good guy he can be." I said while smiling.

The girls looked at each other with worried looks on their face.

"Well no matter what you choose we are here to support you." Leigh said while giving me a hug.

"Thank you guys so much. I love you all!" I say

"Now let's relax and party!" Zo said while handing me a can.

We were drinking and talking when more people started showing up. Every so often I would look at Mase who chose to hang out ith his football buddies. I could tell that he wasn't being himself because he kept drinking. I pushed that out of my mind and focused on just having a good time. I didn't want to let Mase ruin this day.

The girls and I decided to go for a swim. We headed in the water and chilled on our floats. We were talking when all of a sudden I was flipped off my float. I break through the water surface with a WTF look on my face. It was none other than Mase.

"Dude what the heck was that for?" I asked then splashed him with water.

"It was just a joke. Relax!" He said while laughing

"Whatever!" I said as I headed back to shore.

I dried off and decided to head further down the beach for some quiet. When I got to a quiet spot, I took a seat on the sand. The sound of the wave hitting the sand was amazing. I closed my eyes and took deep breaths. Then someone took a seat next to me.

"What!" I asked still a little annoyed

"Sorry I saw you walk this way and I wanted to make sure you were okay." they said

"I'm okay... I guess." I said unsure of how I was feeling.

I opened my eyes and looked at Balke. I gave the best smile I could before looking away.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked with concern in his voice

"Not really... Sorry." I replied

"It's okay. We can just sit here and listen." He said

We sat in silence for a bit before I decided to tell him my decisions.

"So I have an answer for you." I said while looking at him.

He turned towards me and stared at me, waiting for me to continue.

"Yes Blake I'll go out with you." I said with a smile.

He grabbed my hand and kissed it. "You don't know how happy I am." he said with a big smile on his face.

He scooted closer to me and put his arm around my shoulder. Then I placed my head on his shoulder. This was nice, I was nervous for what would happen but in this moment it felt nice.