Chapter 7: Watch where you're walking

The week went by pretty fast, it was already Friday and we had another football game tonight. I was currently getting ready for school. We were all hanging out before school when I noticed that Mase joined us.

"Hey there stranger!" Mark said to Mase

He just nodded his head and joined in their conversation. I could feel his gaze on me the whole time I was talking to Blake.

"So are you excited for the game tonight?" I asked Blake trying to ignore Mase's gaze.

"Yeah, I'm kind of sad that this will be our last year though." He said with a worried look on his face.

We talked about this earlier and Blake was worried about college. He didn't have a lot of money but I know he really wants a better future for himself. He is really hoping he gets a football scholarship for any school.

"You'll do great, just stay focused and kick some ass!" I said trying to cheer him up.

The bell rang and we headed for our classes. School just finished and I was walked towards Blake's bike to wait for him. While I was standing there I noticed Mase was walking to his car. The funny thing was that he didn't have his varsity jacket. Before I could think about it any further someone stepped in front of me, it was Jake.

"Hey just the person I was looking for." He said with a smile on his face.

"Hey Jake what's up?" I asked

"I wanted to talk to you about setting up a schedule to work on the dance routine."

"Right! I'm sorry I forgot to get your number the last time so we could arrange that.." I said as I was getting my phone out of my pocket.

"No worries that's why I was looking for you. I know that coach gave us this week off but I wanted to get this routine down before practice starts back up" he said as he was putting his number in my phone.

Just as I was about to get my phone back someone grabbed it out of Jake's hand. I turned to the person and it was Blake. He tucked my phone into his pocket before saying"What's up?" He then wrapped his arm around me and kissed my cheek.

"I was just getting Jake's number so we can work out a schedule to work on the dance routine." I explained as I hugged Blake.

"Okay let's head out then babe. I'm starving. See you around Jake." Blake said as he put my helmet on for me.

"I'll text you to set up something Ari." Jake said as Blake started his bike.

I nodded and waved as Blake sped off to the diner. I need to know what happened between the two of them. I can tell that's it's something bad because Blake's clenching his fist on the handles. I just need to find the right time. I don't want to force him though.

" Hey what's wrong? Blake asked as he parked.

"Nothing." I said as I got off the bike and took my helmet on.

"I can tell it's something." He said as he pulled my chin up so that I was looking at him. Worry clear in his eyes.

"It's nothing honestly let's get some food. I know you're starving." I said as I put a smile on my face and grabbed his hand pulling him inside.

"Okay." He said dropping the topic.

It was later in my evening and I was on getting ready for the game. I threw on some black skinny jeans, a tube top and some vans. 

Before heading out the door I grabbed Blake's jacket

Before heading out the door I grabbed Blake's jacket. I told Blake we could take my car today because it was supposed to rain later tonight. Blake drove us to the game and when we got there I kissed him and told him good luck before he headed to the locker rooms. I was walking to the bleachers and texting the girls to see where they were sitting when I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry." I said as I looked up to see who it was.

When I saw who it was those feeling came rushing back to me. It was her, none other than Emily. Why if all people did I have to bump into her? Shes the last person I wanted to see.

"Oh it's you. watch where you're walking next time." She said as she walked away.

Yeah whatever I said to myself as I rolled my eyes. I watched her walk away when I realized something. That...that jacket. No this can't be happening. I blinked a couple of times just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Nope she's actually wearing Mase's jacket.

What?! When?! Most importantly why?