Chapter 6: Yeah I was just talking to -

"I must warn you that I will not tolerate anything from anyone. Just to help this tryout go by faster, if you're here to see Jake and have no interest in actually joining this team then please step to the side." she said while pointing to the bleachers.

More than half of the girls took a seat on the bleachers. I took a look at who was left and it was pretty much the same people from the dance team from last year. There was an exception of maybe three or four new girls that I haven't seen before. This meant at most two girls wouldn't make the team this year.

"Okay now that that's dealt with, I must tell the rest of you girls that the dance team this year will be different. Instead of doing a solo audition we will be doing a group audition and that's it."

I was shocked by this announcement. We usually have a solo audition to see who the team captain will be.

"Please line up in three rows of five. I will only show you the moves twice. If you can't keep up then you're out, no discussion." she said while walking to the front.

She showed us the moves and they were pretty simple, just some basic dance moves. She probably chose these to see how much we have perfected our basic moves. I could tell that the girls and I picked up her moves the first time she did it.

The music started and we performed the first dance. Everyone made it through.

"Okay not bad, this was for me to see how your basics are. Now things get difficult. This will be the last round of the tryout. I will only show you the moves once. The moment you mess up you're out."

I looked at the other girls and I could see they were all nervous. "You got this!" I whispered to them

They all looked at me and nodded. We watched as Rachel did some intense moves. I just so happened to pick up everything she did. The moves she was doing were amazing and she was so graceful and full of emotion. I was pretty confident about this routine.

As we started I noticed that one girl was already out. I couldn't let that phase me. I had to stay focused. Continuing to do the routine, I let my mind just get lost in the music and the dance. This is what I loved about dancing. I could feel all my emotions just washed away and I felt utter bliss. Before I knew it the music cut off and I looked around. All my girls were still here,it seemed like only two girls got let go.

"That was great, you were outstanding." she said while looking at each of us.

Suddenly we heard a round of applause and looked towards the back of the gym. Standing there was none other than Jake.

"Ah Jake. I was wondering when you were going to grace us with your presence." Coach said while hugging Jake.

"Well you know I wanted a view further away so I could really see how good these girls were." He said as his eyes scanned the room.

His gaze landed on me and he gave me a smirk while obviously checking me out. "They were pretty good but this one has the most potential. " He said while pointing at me.

"Yeah she does!" Zo said while clapping.

The room erupted with laughter even Coach smirked a bit.

"Well as you all know this is Jake. He will be my assistant coach. You all have great skills and look amazing dancing together. This dance team will be the best this school's ever had." she said with a smile and a spark in her eye.

"Then that's all folks. Oh... and congratulations on making the team girls!" she said while walking back to her office.

I turned to the girls and we all high fived each other while cheering.

"I was a little worried there, I blanked out for a bit and forgot the next step." Leigh said

"You did great though!" Tammy said reassuring her.

"This senior year is already starting off great!" Zo said cheerfully.

We all nodded in agreement and headed back to the locker room to get changed. I was the last one out of the locker room. I was walking out of the gym when someone tapped my shoulder.

"Hey! We didn't get to formally meet yet. I'm Jake." He said while sticking his hand out for me to shake it.

"Hi I'm Ari." I replied while shaking his hand.

"You were great at the tryout. I could tell that you have years of dance experience." He said with a smile.

"Yeah I started dancing when I was three and I've been doing it ever since." I responded

"Nice... I was wondering if you would help me out with something?" he asked

"Ummm with what?" I asked curious to know

"Coach has put me in charge of coming up with the first routine. I normally don't do group routines and I heard from the other girls that you have choreographed some stuff. So maybe we can work together and create something?"

"Well I guess but i'm not sure how much of a help I'll be, seeing as you're the professional and all. But I don't mind giving some input." I said while smiling

"Great where were you heading? I'll walk with you." he said

"Oh I was going to the football field to meet up with -" i was interrupted by the sound of Blake's voice. "Hey babe ready to head out?"

"Yeah I was just talking to -" Blake interrupted me again.

"Jake?! What are you doing here?" He said with what sounded like surprise and anger in his voice.

"Blake! Long time no see man. How have you been?" Jake replied.

"Good. We better get going. I have to take my girlfriend home." Blake replied while putting his arm around my shoulder. Almost in a protective way.

"Yeah for sure. It was nice meeting you Ari. Just let me know when we can start working on that routine. Oh and congrats on making the team." Jake said before walking away.

Blake and I walked to his bike in silence. I knew something was bothering him but I wasn't sure if I should ask him. I waited until we got to my house before saying anything.

"What was that about with Jake? How do you guys know each other?" I asked while we were chilling on the couch watching a movie.

"I don't want to talk about it. Jake and I used to be friends but now we aren't. That's it." he said before grabbing more chips.

" I get it you don't want to talk about it... but if you ever do I'm here." I said while snuggling into his arms.

He smiled and gave me a kiss on my forehead. We watched the rest of the movie then called it a night.