--Lassen

Lassen’s POV

It was moments like this that completely snapped things into perspective. What she did could either lead to Dane’s rescue or his demise. She prayed to God that it would be the first one.

She pried the coverings off of the air ducts and crawled through, the gun pressed into her hip. Lassen couldn’t wait to use it. She’d been in the ducts for about twenty minutes before she finally heard Dane’s voice. Finally. She was getting antsy and a bit claustrophobic.

“I don’t care! Can you get it through your head that I don’t care? I don’t care. You’re even more twisted than I thought. I can’t just forget what you’ve done to me. No one will ever forget!”

Then she heard a slap and Dane’s cry of pain.

Anger bubbled inside of her. She’d been kidnapped once before. He was right. It was something you never forget. No matter how hard you tried or how many people you paid to help you try to forget. It was apart of you as much as your heart was.

She crawled another ten feet until she right above the Doctor. His ugly head was right below her. She could do it. She could rescue Dane right now and this would be over for all of them. She felt the gun against her hip again. Was she allowed to shot him?

She didn’t care if she wasn’t. She would shoot him. The justice system was screwed up anyway. Somehow this guy wouldn’t get the death sentence. Or he would but it wouldn’t be painful. She wanted his death to be painful.

She managed to get the gun in her hands and aim. She pulled the trigger. She watched him crumble to the ground, grabbing at his right shoulder, blood pooling around him with a red brilliance. She kicked off the covering and it landed on him with a thud. There was another cry of pain. He deserved much worse. Lassen dropped to the ground.

“Who are you?” The Doctor asked.

Lassen didn’t answer. Instead, she turned and shot the man in the knee and straight through his hand. Just incase he was able to get his hands on a gun before he completely bled out. She turned to look at Dane. There was fresh terror and blood on his face. She untied him and helped him stand up. He wobbled a bit on his feet.

“You’re here. You’re here. Can’t believe it. Can’t believe it.”

“Shhh. It’s ok. It’s over. No one is going to hurt you anymore. Let’s get out of here.” Lassen gently pulled Dane to the door.

Then there was a groan of pain from the psychotic man on the floor.

“What about him?” Dane asked. “Are we going to leave him like this?”

“You’re right. We can’t leave the man like this. What was I thinking?” She handed Dane the gun. “You deserve to pull the trigger more than anyone else.”

Dane took the gun from her hands and a slight smile crept up his face. He put the gun up to the man’s face. “Tell Hitler I said hey,” He said as he pulled the trigger.

                             -The End