Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Luke's point of view. 

She suddenly woke up. I smiled. I explained it to her. She seemed to understand. After that I put her back to sleep. I watched from the shadows, sinking deeper when doctors passed by. I could not believe the peaceful look on her sleeping face. It stirred something in my mind. At dawn, I vanished out the window. 

Back To Melina's Point of View. 

Most of that time was spent in silence. For the next few days the therapist tried to help me. It didn't work. I found out that I was going home soon. When I looked at my wrists, they were ragged messes. All the time I found myself thinking about Joey. The way he kissed my nose. The way he would run his hands down my back. I missed him so much. 

Not that many people visited. It was mainly Luke. Eric came once his classes were done. My mother didn't come once. Figures. Luke stayed with me until visiting hours were over. We talked. About his story. About me. About Joey. It was nice. But nobody really understands. 

The morning I came home was cold. Like, snowing cold. Which was reasonable considering it was the middle of January. Of course, we couldn't just go home. Eric said that I needed to go to the mall so I could buy some new clothes. He just wanted to keep me in the company of people. Luke came with us. Eric was happy about any human interaction I had. 

I clung to Luke as we walked throughout the mall, Eric picking out outfits for me. I was in a half glazed over state. But came back to consciousness long enough to try them on. Just as I was stepping out in a tank top and jeans, Adriana, one of the girls at school who made my life a living hell stepped out. "Oh My God! Hannah, look who it is. Bloody arms Melina. Guess your suicide plan failed?" she said in that ear piercing tone. A mother in the room pulled her kid closer.

 I blinked back tears and didn't say a word. I walked out and showed Eric the outfit. After I changed back into my normal clothing. The mother pulled me aside. "Is it true what those girls said?" she asked, with a motherly concern in her eyes. "Yes. My life is complicated." I said, gritting my teeth. "Honey, it will get better,” she said, hugging me. I wanted to scream. I don't want sympathy. I just want Joey. Eric drove us home. Luke asked if he could stay with us for a while. Eric was fine with it. Oddly enough, he agreed to us sharing my room. I fell asleep, nestled into the crook of his shoulder. 

-----------

Hi! So, if you are reading this, I want you to know that I now love you! It gives me a feeling of gret joy when someone reads my stories. I might not be posting for a while because of finals and a vacation I'm taking next week. I will write a lot on vacation though, so prepare to be bombarded with chapters in two weeks. I now have to leave, but I send my kisses and hugs to you. Mwa!