2

"GUKKIE!" The light haired boy yelled out, attracting attention from school mates, before hurtling right into Jungkook. He tackled him in a hug, shoving him back against the metal of the car. Jungkook ignored the short lasted pain and smiled wide, wrapping the boy up in an embrace. He glanced up and gave a look at some students staring. Jungkook's personality was actually very contrasting from his physical looks, but most of his classmates tend to judge a book by it's cover. A soft voice brought him out of his thoughts.

"Gukkie, are you listening?"

Jungkook pulled back from the hug and rubbed the boy's shoulder.

"Sorry, Taehyungie. I was distracted. What'd you say?"

The boy let out a huff but it quickly returned to a smile as he explained how great his biology class had been, rambling on about dominant and recessive genes. Kim Taehyung was a science major and known to be very quiet. Jungkook didn't understand more than half the scientific terms he used, but he thoroughly enjoyed seeing the boy so ecstatic.

"I'm glad you had fun. Let's get out of here, yeah? I'll take you to lunch."

Taehyung's eyes lit up.

"Oh, sure!"

Jungkook opened the side door and turned to get in on his side. He started up the Bugatti and it roared to life, lighting up on the inside. The two boys pulled out of the university and began on the road to a nearby restaurant.

      Taehyung began scanning the menu and Jungkook watched him for a second. He didn't really know what Taehyung was to him. He definitely was the closer to him than anyone else; Taehyung knew everything about Jungkook and was always in his corner to support him. They were inseparable. Not to mention Taehyung also happened to be the only person Jungkook could handle for an extended period of time. Usually Jungkook liked alone time, which had caused a rough patch when Taehyung attempted to befriend the boy. But Jungkook grew to tolerate Taehyung, soon forming an actual bond with him, and now he meant more than anything to him. Many students, especially the ones that encountered situations like earlier that day, strongly believed they were a couple. But Jungkook wasn't sure Taehyung knew that, and if he did, he ignored it. Jungkook knew what he felt towards the boy had to be more than friendship but he still couldn't bring himself to admit it. He didn't notice the boy looking at him until he softly whispered to him.

"Jungkookie, are you okay? You keep zoning out today."

"Ah sorry, I'm just tired I guess," he lied.

Taehyung shook his head, his wavey hair bouncing. "You should get more sleep. Don't overwork yourself, please."

Jungkook's heart clenched at the amount of compassion this boy had. He didn't deserve him.

"It's alright. I just was overthinking about my test next week."

"Oh, come spend the night with me!" Taehyung offered.

Jungkook shook his head, wanting desperately to hide his blush.

"No, Taehyung, it's truly fine. I don't want to burden you."

Taehyung shook his head as well, although more frustrated than Jungkook.

"No, Gukkie, I want you to be happy and healthy. You're staying with me tonight."

After several more minutes of debate, Jungkook gave in. Taehyung had given him the same smile he did at the car and resorted to sipping his drink until the waiter came back.

After getting their food, Jungkook perked up.

"How have you been? Honestly? I haven't seen you since before spring break."

Taehyung swallowed his fry and nodded.

"I've been fine," he murmured. "Just missed you a lot."

Jungkook gave a concerned look.

"Did you hang out with anyone over break?"

"You sound like a concerned mom," the boy snorted.

"Well I'm worried. Tae, please tell me you weren't alone the whole time."

"I just...it's hard to talk to other people and I'm already so focused on school and trying to make a life for myself-"

"Taehyung, please. Please start talking to other people too. I'll be right here whenever you need me but I don't want you to feel alone. I don't like when you isolate yourself."

To the boy's surprise, Taehyung stood and and came around to Jungkook's side of the table. He sat down beside him and stared at the black haired boy for a minute.

"Thank you for caring," he whispered, barely audible.

He grabbed Jungkook and pulled him into a tight hug, hiding his face in his black jacket. Jungkook stiffened for a moment before relaxing into the hug, breathing in Taehyung's scent. He felt himself calm down being in the boy's arms. It's just a friendly hug. Jungkook tried to convince himself internally that it was nothing more. He let Taehyung stay in the booth with him and kept one arm wrapped around him, seeing as Taehyung was practically clinging to his side.

"You smell good," Taehyung murmured.

The two boys began giggling like school girls and Jungkook grinned.

"Thank you, I think."