Chapter 2 Samantha's captured, Cassidy's POV

• Dedicated to Peter Murray

Disclaimer: Remember, I on’t day own ode Cay Yoko Lay, or nay ax May ide Ray

Oh, crap, what happened? One minute I passed out onto the ground and now I wake up inside the back of one of the black sedans. And, what’s worse, Jeremie, Peter, and Ulrich were arguing as I woke up.

“Now because of her, we’re dead!”

Her? Who was this “her”? I didn’t understand until Jeremie came in.

“Ulrich, lay off!” Peter yelled.

“It’s not Cassidy’s fault!”

“Jeremie…” Ulrich whined.

“Ulrich, Cassidy would never betray us. She told Yumi to not go to my door when Jim went down.” Jeremie crossed his arms across his chest.

“Cassidy knew…”

“She read her books so that nothing like this would happen. She isn’t a traitor.”

“Jeremie’s right!” I heard another voice say. From the calm tone and young voice, it was Aelita’s voice.

I pulled myself up. “She’s awake!” Yumi’s voice whispered.

“Hey,” Aelita whispered, by my side.

“Hey,” I said back.

“How are you feeling?” Yumi with Peter’s help pulled me up.

“Like a basketball hit me in the noggin. I had that happen to me before.” I rubbed my head.

“When?” Jeremie asked, free from the fight.

“It was when I was at my old school. Sometimes—” I sighed—“sometimes I think that my head’s in the accident zone all the time. Remember when I was down on Lyoko and then a Manta’s Laser hit my head?”

“Yeah,” Odd said. “You really shot hard with your tube-like weapon! I had never seen you so angry in my life!”

“It amazed me, too.” Peter smiled.

“That’s because I was frustrated. I really get that way when I hit my head. First time my head was hit in school, I was in 7th grade playing flag-tag. It was Every-Woman-For-Herself themed.”

Some Erasers then came in. We weren’t in drive yet I could tell. We kept quiet. One of the Erasers had a small, struggling object in a bag. Oh, God!

“Hey,” I yelled. “Let go of Kiwi!”

The Eraser that had Kiwi growled at me, but an Eraser vs. an “I want to help Kiwi” Cassidy is no match. I then kicked his furry-hand and grabbed the bag when he let go. I tore open the gunny-sack and let Kiwi free. He licked my face about a million times. “I’m glad I could get you free, Kiwi!” I lovingly nuzzled his fur when he was finished giving my face a tongue-bath.

Kiwi then went to his rightful owner. “Thanks for saving my Kiwi!”

“No problem, Odd, I love to be of assistance.” I beamed.

Then we were in drive. Everything, floor, wall, ceiling, started shaking. I could tell when we went over a speed-bump because the whole sedan jumped when they ran over one.

Even more crazily, when we ran over the seventh speed bump the Eraser who had Kiwi landed on me. He held a grudge, I understood. He growled at me while he got off me.

Then…we stopped. We, the humans, thought in unison, Where are we?

After the Erasers got out, we tried running to the door, but they slammed it so hard I ran into it, almost breaking my glasses. “We’ll be right back. We have a package to pick up!” One of the Erasers snarled.

“Kiss my Butt!” I screeched. Then the sedan started shaking, as if it would tip over. Then that stopped. I smiled mischievously. “I always wanted to say that.” I chuckled.

Peter and I exchanged chuckles and high-fived each other.

“What happens now?” Ulrich asked.

“How the hell should I know?” I shouted. Obviously, the questions were getting on my nerves.

I placed an ear on the door.

~~~~~~~~ (Don’t know)

“Let go of me!” Someone was shouting. It sounded like a girl’s voice. It sounded familiar. I pulled Odd in with me. “Odd, listen!”

“Okay,” he was a little unsure.

He pressed his ear to the door, listening with me.

Suddenly…

“ODD, HELP!”

We shared frightful looks. “Samantha!” Odd shouted.

Well we could have just taken Odd, infused him with super-strength, because he ripped the door apart, and almost fought the Erasers. The reason for the word almost: He saved his girl. But he ended up back inside the sedan with Samantha and the rest of us.

“Oh, Odd! I’m so scared!” Samantha cried as she hugged him. Odd didn’t know what to say. I understood.

Finally, Odd thought of something to say. “I’m scared too.”

“How did—what happened!”

We, one-at-a-time, explained what happened, telling our sides, and cutting out my cussing.

Afterwards, some Erasers came in. “Have mercy on us! We didn’t do anything wrong!” I can’t believe I could still remember this, but Ulrich got down on his knees and piteously screamed those nine words. Unbelievable and incredible. That so wasn’t like him.

All of us, minus the Erasers, stared at Ulrich opened-mouthed. Even Yumi, whose mouth was wider than all our mouths, was surprised.

The Erasers only snarled at Ulrich. The poor, brown-haired boy looked shaken. I decided to come over and pull Ulrich out of the way.

“Forget it, Ulrich; words are lost on them,” I whispered in his ear (A/N YxU Forever! End A/N) “They got both evil and a lot of experiments on and for their brains.”

Ulrich sulked, something I and everyone else, minus the Erasers and whitecoats, were used to, as the sedan kicked up again.

Then he shook his head. “I thought that would work.”

“It’s okay, Ulrich,” Peter said.

“Who are you three girls anyway?” Sam was both suspicious and nervous.

“Friends-only of Odd; I’m Cassidy,” I raised my hand.

“I’m Yumi,” Yumi raised.

“Aelita, Odd’s cousin!” Aelita said modestly.

We minus Sam and the Erasers knew that Aelita wasn’t really Odd’s cousin, just a cover-up. Hey, we don’t want hey, I’m Aelita; I just came from a virtual world, to go around.

“That’s a one-way ticket to the nuthouse,” Odd said.

I couldn’t help agreeing, that day.

“I didn’t know that you had such a cute cousin, Odd,” Samantha cooed.

Ay-maw, I couldn’t believe Sam fell for that! J Score one for the good guys keeping Lyoko safe.

Aelita blushed.