Chapter 6: Check-arounds and flight of the curses Cassidy's POV

CODE LYOKO ISN’T MINE

MAXIMUM RIDE ISN’T MINE

BLAKE CLARK AND CASSIDY ARE MINE

PETER CARTER IS (c) OF MY BF

KAITLYN BELPOIS IS (c) OF MY FRIEND DANIHETZEL

As soon as we landed at the School, I gulped, realizing that we may be separated. With the whitecoats and Erasers, we could never tell. We were their guinea pigs, but there had to be hope. I couldn’t tell it, but my heart was rising. Someone help us. I repeatedly thought. Air Force, bird-kids, anyone or anything. Just help us.

Angel could read minds. Maybe if I kept thinking, Angel could hear it and Max and her flock could fly over, defeat the Erasers and whitecoats, and rescue us. Max and her flock could help us with our skills, if they were too late.

Which, my friends, was a question of time.

“Welcome to your new School!” Ari growled.

“Pity…” I said in a mock-British accent, “It looks more of a lab than an escuela!”

“A…what?” Ari asked dumbfounded. His mood lightened.

“I took Spanish, Ari. Escuela means School!”

“Spunk, spark, and Spanish; keep this up and you might earn royalty for you and your friends!” He whispered to me. Apparently, he was impressed. Okay, I couldn’t help being suspicious in the back of my mind but I, again, didn’t hurt him.

I smiled again. Even though we were in cages, some things were looking up fast.

The Erasers picked us up one by one onto a cart, causing me to frown. I should have known in the beginning that we were its/theirs now. We went into a little white room which really made my stomach churn. Antiseptic smelling, it burned my nose. I blew my nose sharply as if I was a sneezing cat. Instantly all Eraser eyes were on me.

“Sorry, the antiseptic is making my nose burn!” I covered my nose to demonstrate.

Someone sprayed something flowery to help the smell go away. “Thanks.” I nodded approvingly. “That is much better! It’s lavender! One of my favorite smells.”

Now even human eyes were on me, like, this girl/chick’s nuts.

The whitecoats then smiled at me. I bet they were all thinking; someone likes that smell, or something.

Then my heart sank with regret when they opened my cage and hairy hands took me out roughly. “Hey, hey, hey; be careful, my legs are still tight,” I said.

“Hey!” Peter’s voice was louder than mine was. “Hands off my girl, freaks of modifying-nature!”

“Hmm…thin body structure…” The whitecoat was studying me as if I was a textbook from a high school course or college curriculum. Hello, get my school record before you start studying me as if I was a lab rat.

“HEY! I’m not THIN! I’m SVELTE! There’s a difference!” I showed my Odd-like sensitivity.

“Insult my girlfriend, you’re going to get my full wrath,” Peter growled.

I saw Kaitlyn clench her fists. “THAT'S IT YA (BLEEP)IN' FRANZ HOPPER WANNABE! YOU ARE GOING DOWN!”

“Good on ya, Cat-Lover-Girl,” Odd shouted at me. “Show ’em whose side you are on!”

“…brown hair and eyes…” he kept commenting.

I tried to get away but felt furry hands pull my feet down. I shivered. “Don’t you Erasers know when to TAKE A BATH? Your fur feels as greasy as Snape’s hair!” As much as I hated Snape back then before I knew that he was in love with Lily Potter, I could make a little fun of his hair.

“…5’7” height…” he commented.

My next instinct tried to kick the Eraser in the snout. However, he anticipated the movement and threw his head back so I only grazed his neck. I growled.

“117 pounds, too, it is okay for Tuesday, next person!” he concluded as the Erasers threw me back-first into the bars. Huh, it didn’t occur to me that it opened both ways. But from the inside, the latch blended into the bar color.

My vision blurred and stirred, giving me a huge headache with the sickening feeling that I might throw up, cry, or both. Warm hands found my shoulders and my vision cleared. “You okay, Cat-Lover-Girl?”

I blinked. “I guess I won’t need to worry about violence for the next few days.” I blearily laughed before my excited gag reflex made me regret the laugh.

That went around like that for an hour before everyone was back in their cages where they didn’t belong. “Everyone’s all set for the big day Tuesday!”

Well, that’ll give us more than enough time for Max and her flock to rescue us, kick butt and leave.

“What’s going to happen Tuesday?” Jeremie asked. Sometimes when you are intelligent like Jeremie, you have to ask questions. I didn’t blame him. We were in the worst situation of our lives.

“I really don’t know, Jeremie,” I said, heart plunging. “But I’m trying to think in my mind so our cavalry arrives.”

“Bird-kids?” Yumi asked.

“One of them can read minds!” I said. “Her name is Angel, she’s 7-8ish years old.”

“Great!” Ulrich deadpanned. “Our lives are at the helm of a 7-8 year old.”

“Not only that, there is Gazzy, who is 9-10 years old. Nudge is 11-12 years. Iggy is blind but is 14-15 years old, but six months younger than Max. Fang is the same as Iggy and Max, but he’s three/two months younger than Max. Max is the oldest. Also there is a talking bird-dog by the name of Total who is in love with an Alaskan malamute named Akila!”I breathed in because I explained without taking a breath.

“That is a mouthful,” Blake said.

“I know,” I panted. “But it’s the only plan we got.”

“I sure hope it works, Cassidy,” Peter looked to me in concern.

“Me, too.” Odd nodded.

“Me, three,” I said.

Kaitlyn shook her head, the last to be examined. “Let me at them! I’m going to kill them so hard they won’t need a gravestone! They’ll be nothing but ashes when I’m (BLEEP)IN’ through with them.”

Somehow, I was okay with her cursing. It was just the fact of anyone else doing it that freaked me out.

“Where in the world did you learn to curse like that?” Jeremie looked at his cousin shocked.

“It came to me in school. I used it once on my ex after I broke up with him.”

“You never explained why,” Jeremie creased a brow.

“I'll explain later.”

The pain in my head started to kick up again, just as it started to diminish. I guess I hit my head on the way down. And the worst thing was, I didn’t know if we would make it.

Peter rubbed my head, and then my back as I started to lay down with my head on his lap. His thumb wiped my tears as they started to fill up, gently. “We’ll find a way out of this.”

A hand made its way to my shoulder. “We swear we will,” came Kaitlyn’s soft hardcore tone.

I nodded, but felt it would come to even worse terms.