chapter 9: Take me home

Dedicated to :rhinova_aviate

For this amazing and beautiful story cover.
You are beyond talented.
So many here praised the cover.
Thank you so much.

Published on: 13th March 2018

Above is a gif for Phillipa.

Let's recap a bit. So Phillipa has seen the widow boy's face. According to her he was beautiful. Then she got an invitation for April's birthday. Cheryl and Ryan desperately want her to go to the birthday party. And there's a new member at the house. He is James.

We'll pick up exactly where we left okay?
That night when Cheryl visited Phillipa's house.

But in past tense 😂.

If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.

Maya Angelou

In The MorninG

Do you ever notice the girl who gets left out? Left out from discussions?

Well, nobody does!

The girl is always late in joining conversations held in the same classroom by her classmates because a lot of things run inside her head. She questions herself should she join them and feel more awkward?
Sadly, I was that girl. The girl would listen to her classmates talk about topics in which she could throw huge lights on but would never spit a word because she thought they wouldn't care.

Time changed and I thought it was somewhat better not to even wish to give opinion.

And it pains me to say that I was feeling that kind of awkwardness right then.
Why?

Cheryl and I were sitting on my crimson colored bed, and she was talking about how she felt when April laughed at her height and the fact that she doesn't have a boyfriend.

I guessed that's what brought her to me and my house.

"Who's that boy that just passed?" A whistle at the door made Cheryl inquire, totally forgetting her grudge against April and pointed towards the door behind me while her eyes narrowed. I knew that was James. I heard footsteps and a whistle too before I twisted my neck towards the door.

Oh Cheryl, I really suck in introducing people to people. Don't ask me!

I sighed and tried to reply, "That's um..."

I turned towards Cheryl to see her eyes wide open like those of the green frogs that jump into our veranda during the monsoon. Is James that beautiful?

I heard the voice behind me which said, "James. You?"

I did not turn back to see him 'cause he just appeared all of a sudden inside my room where he was sleeping just some hours ago. Today I nearly had a heart attack.

He said with such cool a temperament, forwarding his hand towards Cheryl for a handshake that I wasn't at all surprised to see that enchanted expression on Cheryl's face and the way her deep blue black eyes dilated.