Chapter 6

Cisco banged on the door loudly and rattled the handle, as he watched the creepy Samara, moving towards him, amidst the swarm of bees. "You guys! You can let me out now... I get it, Happy Halloween Cisco! Haha! Very Funny! You guys? Astrid? Caitlin?... Sara?"

His visitor dripped water over the carpet, her dark wet hair hanging low down her face. She continued to move closer to him, in a creepy contortionist way. Tears welled up in his eyes. Suddenly his phone began to ring from in his pocket. He fumbled for it. Joe was calling.

"Look, I need to...Never mind!" he told the creepy girl as he answered his phone, "Joe... What the hell is going on? Did the girls tell you about any trick that they had planned? because hey, I'm not scared! I watch horror movies all the..."

"Cisco. Just stop talking!" Joe cut him off, "Where are the girls? Astrid set off an emergency alert and now she's not answering, and I'm waiting down at the entrance, can you let me in?"

"I would... but I'm kind of locked in the boardroom... There is... someone here... she's from the movie."
"Cisco... Are you hallucinating? You need to shake it off... that means that Jonathan Crane has infiltrated STAR Labs. None of what you're seeing is real!"

Cisco slid down to the floor, his back against the door, the girl's face was inches away from his own. It was cocked to the side. Her scrunched up face and scary eyes bore into his own. She brought her hands up to his throat. He gulped, "Joe... what do I need to do?"

"Don't let your fears get the better of you. Stare it right in the eyes. It's just a hallucination, Cisco."

"Ok, just like a horror movie..." he said quietly. He stared at the girl's face, "It's just a hallucination... just a hallucination... None of this real!" He stared into her creepy eyes, just as she opened her mouth and shrieked.

He didn't blink, just stared waiting for the sight to pass. The bees circled in on his face. At any moment he knew that they could sting him. He could come up with big blisters and even die! But no, he would not move. He would not flinch.

The girl looked at him confused. She cocked her head to the side again. She shrieked again.
A smile formed over his face. "Boo!" he said.

Then just as he had said it the bees and the girl disappeared before his eyes. He took a breath and heard Joe's voice still talking though the phone. He brought the phone back to his ear. "Joe... It worked! I kicked its ass!"

"Great. Now come let me in!"

"Oh yeah, right! I'm on it!" he got to his feet and turned the door handle. This time it opened.
He ran through the hallway. He tried to press the elevator button, but the elevator would not come. "Damn thing is always breaking!" he said to himself. He ran down the stairs and kept running. He thought he heard the sound of someone screaming, and he knew that he needed to ignore it. Whatever it was – it was just another hallucination. He kept his eyes to the ground, not looking around once, and when he reached the floor he put both his fingers in his ears. So he wouldn't have to hear anything scary.

At last, he reached the main entrance and saw Astrid standing by the control panel at the door. "Astrid... that joke about the girl coming out of the screen... It wasn't funny... She actually came out of the screen! Now we need to open the door for Joe."

"Cisco, what are you talking about? We're not letting anybody in." she told him.
Cisco could see Joe standing on the other side of the glass door, waiting for the doors to open. "Astrid, Joe is right there. He even told me that you set off your emergency alert – which you did... see?" he showed her the phone, but she took it from his hands.

"Cisco, I didn't set off any emergency alert. You're hallucinating. Joe isn't really out there. If you open those doors, who knows what you will be letting in." she told him.

"Astrid, don't you remember the conversation that you just had with Joe, right after he interrupted us?"

"Cisco, what the hell are you talking about? What do you mean he interrupted us?"

"Yeah, while we were making out... don't you remember?"

"Cisco, why the hell would you and I be making out? I mean you're sweet and all, but... I guess Barry is a little more my speed..."

Cisco realized that she was right, he was hallucinating. But, in his gut, he knew that she was the hallucination. He needed to outsmart her, though he was thrown a little off guard by what she had said.

Sara found Caitlin checking over Barry's vitals. "Caitlin. Jonathan Crane is in the building. He's playing tricks on everybody!"

Caitlin held up a scalpel "Don't come any closer! How do I know that you're you?"
"You don't, you just need to trust me! We need an antitoxin. I just found a poor hallucination of Astrid down in the lower labs."

"We were affected up here too." Caitlin said as she moved over to her shelf and picked up a glass beaker. "I've been working on something that might work, but we're going to need to release it into the vents. I think that's what he's been doing with the poisons."

"Do you need me to go up into the roof to release it?" Sara asked.

"Would you? Barry seems to be suffering from the affects too. He started seizing earlier and I injected him with the vaccine. I need to continue monitoring his vitals."

Sara took the beaker, "Is that all we have?" she asked staring at the blue chemical.

"It is so far. I've been working on it for a while now. I just hope it does the trick! I'm working on more as we speak." Sara took the vial and left, leaving Caitlin to her work.

Caitlin had to do a double take as she saw Sara return. "er...Sara... that was fast... where's the antitoxin?"

"What antitoxin?" Sara asked.
"The one that I just gave you...Unless that wasn't you..." Caitlin's voice trailed off.