7.THE TABLOIDS, I AND HIM

A/N SHORT: I LOVE YOU GUYS.
____________________________________________________
"You do to me what winter does to the tree. You strip me bare, naked and empty." Love beats rhyme.
___________________________________________________
She had a sleepless night with her dreams hunting her. She sipped her hot chocolate as she made her way to her office.

"I see you have decided to grace us with an early presence today, Ms. Yaro. Pray, tell what the reason might be?" Farouq strolled towards her with his hand in his pockets, and his jacket hanging on his shoulder.

She could see his flexed muscles underneath his white collar shirt. It accentuated his feature and she had to say, no one could rock a suit better than him. His sea-coloured eyes glint with mischief and she could swore something either happened or he was planning something.

All you have to do is to stay out of his way as much as possible.

"Good Morning, Mr. Bukar. I think you made it perfectly clear last time on your hate for tardiness. Thank you." She smiled and turned, making her way to her office.

"By the way, Ms. Yaro, I have deposited some newspapers and probably a few tabloids in your office earlier. I figured you might need to keep up with the news to get your brain working," he interrupted and twirled his keys on his finger. He caught his coat , saving himself the embarrassment of having to pick it up from the ground.

She stopped midway," I do appreciate your inviolable concern towards my brain's ability to work. I would say you are quite obsessed with everyone's brain ability to work, which is an impeccable character especially for a leader like you," her lips widen in a smile.

Oh, God!

You need to learn how to shut up.

For all I care. Let the guy chew , stew and choke on it. She screamed, internally.

He's so bent on getting on my nerves. Oh, lord. Please bless me with the patience I never had. With the ability to keep my mouth shut. I wouldn't like him digging my...

Please- please just sew my lips whenever I think of retorting back.

Without waiting for a reply , she scurried to her office banging the door behind her.

And just like he had said there were a couple Newspapers on her desk. Underneath the first one, a title caught her eyes. Her heart dropped.

Witten boldly on the first page of 'vanguard' was: JOBS BECOMING RAMPANT AS NIGERIA'S SENATE PRESIDENT'S DAUGHTER SECURE JOB IN AFRICA'S LARGEST CONGLOMERATE.

It isn't to everyone's unenlightenment that the only daughter of the Senate President- Leilah Khalil Yaro who have been rumoured to be back in Nigeria after years of studying in the United states, have landed a high office at Africa's largest conglomerate- Bukar Group. At the time of publication of this article, this hasn't been confirmed, yet. It was a rumour from an insider who claimed to be true.

But this frenzy have got Nigerians thinking how a twenty-three year old fresh-out-of-college graduate landed a job a month of coming back to the country, while millions of experienced graduates in the country are stranded with work as bodyguards- to protect the elites- or cleaning shoes, or worse no job at all.

Is this the advantage of growing up as an elite? Is it because of her father's poweress in the country? How bad is nepotism in Nigeria?

So many Nigerians labelling Khalil Yaro as a thief and an incompetent man had took to social media to rant their hearts-

She stopped.