Thirteen: Witch of the dark sea

Note:

This chapter is specially dedicated to QueenCleng and honeyjars for the sweet messages they left on the previous chapter. Thank you lovies!

You guys are all amazing. More than 5k reads for the first 12 chapter, OMG!

I also decided to leave a question at the end of every chapter. It would be amazing if you leave an answer (Just for fun). I'll also be choosing the next dedication from there.

Love you all! 💓

-SweetpeasDiamonds 🍂

***

"How's the king doing?" the question was odd coming from a mermaid once punished by the king. Meria knows she doesn't mean well.

Lides is standing proudly in front of her with her pair of legs. The second out of the three witches.

She have seen her before. Lides used to be a good friend of her father that's why she never expected her betrayal to the king. If mermaids practice honesty then there are surely exceptions, one of them is Lides. A vicious witch of the dark see. Was.

"What are you doing here?" Meria asked that Lides smiled to

"As far as I remember, I was vanished from Oceana." she said. That was supposed to hold grudges, but her voice shows none.

"That's because you tried to harm mermaids." Meria justify why her father did that

"I did." Lides claimed and shrugged. "What are you doing here?"

Meria once again remembered the kingdom and her father. She sigh. "The Oceana is in grave danger. There is a poison spreading. It's killing the sea creatures."

Lides eyes narrowed at her. "What do you mean?" not liking what she heard. She might not be a good mermaid before but that does not mean that she is not concern about the sea now. The Ocean is once her home. Being a human made her realize that.

"We thought it's you and the other two witches who made it, but we're wrong. There's someone else who want to cause harm to the sea."

"Why would we do that?!" Lides asked

Meria looked at her dead in the eye witch made her realize that she tried before. "I mean we tried. But that was before. We're not mermaids anymore and I haven't seen Cora and Yula for a long time. I was once against and angry with the king but not anymore. The sea is where I came from and I want goodness for it."

Before Meria could say something, a little girl came running out of the blue towards them and shouting 'mommy'.

Meria's brows forrowed when Lides picked the girl up. Her curls brouncing in excitement.

"Baby, stop shouting. I told you, you can't be noisy in here." Lides reprimanded the child

"Sorry mommy." the girl said without a hint of regret, instead she smiled to Lides with her incomplete teeth. "But daddy and I saw a turtle. Mommy can I get a turtle, pleaseeee"

Lides look at the little girl in her arms.
"Do you remember Ted the Tortoise your granpa gave you last Christmas?" she asked which the kid nodded. "You let him out and we never found him." the girl nodded. "So no. We're not getting another one."