Chapter 2

~6 years later~

I was sitting in the car with Charlie. He looked at me and tugged my sleeve. I pulled my head phones off and looked at him.

"What's wrong kiddo? Forget something inside?" He shook his head no.

"Scared Christmas with dad is gonna suck like always, huh?" He nodded his head. I sighed and pulled him into my side. I rubbed his arm and kissed his head.

"Me to Chars, me too. But hey, at least your gonna get some presents you'll like, especially from me right?" He shrugged. Damn, that sounded harsh, even to me. Christmas with dad sucks and all but he does try his best, I really gotta cut the guy some slack. I just hope he tries his hardest for Charlie. He only likes coming to dad's because he wants to see me. Dad hopped in the car and started driving. When we got to the house me and Charlie sat in the dining room while dad cooked. He burned the turkey and it caught literal fire. Charlie and I looked at each other and I sighed.

"I'll get our shoes and coats." I said with a sigh.

When we got to the restaurant, a waitress named Judy came over. There was no hot coco or eggnog or chocolate milk so me and Charlie got milk. Dad got coffee. Dad tried to make us laugh but it didnt work, so we all ate quietly, paid, left a tip, then got up and went home. I put Charlie's presents from me under the tree. Then dad's. Then I went to my room. Locked the door. Put my fleece hoodie and gloves on grabbed my coat and climbed onto the roof through my window. I could hear Charlie and dad talking about Christmas and santa and the reindeer. I laid my coat on the snow covered roof and sat on it. I stared at the stars and made a wish on the first one I saw. Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may I wish i might, have this Christmas wish i wish tonight. I wish, I wish i could see Bernard again. I know its been seven years since I've seen him, six years since the last time I wished for him to show up. I know I stopped believing in santa and all that, but, but if he is real, it'd be nice if he could bring Bernard to see me. I don't know what exactly i was expecting to happen, but whatever it was didnt. So I stood up grabbed my coat and climbed back into my room into my window, put pajama bottoms and a tank top on, and laid in bed.