Chapter 12

I woke up still on the floor but my body was now pressed between the floor and another solid surface. I lifted my head slightly, the sunlight making me squint in the early morning. Bernard had his hand on my chest his arms on either side of me. One hand holding my shoulder the other resting next to his head on my chest. I smiled and looked at the clock. Only nine a.m. huh? I guess we could sleep for a little longer. I layed my head back down and went back to sleep. When I awoke the next time I was no longer on the floor and the body heat from Bernard was missing. I groggily sat up and tried to look around. I realized i was in my room laying in bed. Bernard must've brought me in here after waking up. Or dad did after waking Bernard up to get to work. I sighed, I wanted to go back to sleep because I was extremely tired. Ever since dad put on the Santa suit for the first time I haven't been sleeping much lately, the tiredness was just then hitting me very hard. Instead of letting myself be lazy, however, I forced my body to get up and got myself dressed in leggings and a baggy hoodie. I threw on some warm fuzzy socks. Brushed my (h/l) (h/c) hair and walked out of my room. I was going to head into my bathroom to brush my teeth but my tummy was growling up a storm so in search for food I went. As I neared the kitchen the smell of hot coco, coffee, and gingerbread filled my nose. Please let that be the smell of gingersnap pancakes! I thought. My favorite pancakes is (f/f/p) [favorite flavor pancakes] but mom made gingersnap pancakes this one time and I loved them. I walked into the kitchen and snagged a cookie or two shoving them into my mouth as I walked into the dining room. I gasped slightly when I entered. The Easter bunny, father time, mother nature, the sandman, cupid and a blue person I didn't know the name of were sitting at the table along with my father, Bernard standing behind him awaiting any command my father would give him. Dad noticed me and whispered to Bernard. Bernard nodded and waved me over to a seat next to dad. A plate of pancakes with whip cream and chocolate sauce on top, a cup of sweetened coffee, and a smaller cup of hot coco sat on the table in front of the empty seat Bernard had directed me to. I smiled as I sat down. My dad cleared his throat when everyone raised an eyebrow at me. I smiled sheepishly. Shyly picking at my food as I silently finished the other cookie I had taken.

"Uh, guys, this is my daughter, and my oldest child, (y/n). I have full custody of her so she came here to live with me." I waved shyly as they looked at me.

"Ah yes, (y/n), I had forgotten you mentioned her being here earlier," Said mother nature.

"Hello sweetie. My name is mother nature, but you can call me Mama or M.N. if you'd like." She said as she smiled at me. I stared in awe at her as I had just now really looked at her. She was a beautiful black woman. She had golden leaves in her hair which made her eyes, hair, and skin pop.

"You're so pretty." I breathed not realizing I said anything. She smiled and laughed.

"Well thank you darling. You're very pretty as well." She smiled. The man standing next to her who I had earlier guessed to be father time introduced himself.

"I'm father time. You may call me either Father time or F.T. as Jack likes to call me." I smiled at him. He reminds me of grandpa.

"Well if it wasnt obvious enough, I'm the Easter bunny. You can call me Bunny if you want." He smiled at me and I giggled. He looked at dad and at me.

"She's not a little one anymore, but she sure is cute. She looks a lot like you Santa!" He said. Me and dad smiled at each other.

"Well if the wings didnt give it away, I'm cupid. Let me know if theres a boy you like, you're Santa's kid so you get the extra special love deal." Said cupid. I blushed and giggled glancing at Bernard.

"Heh, uhm, thank you but th-that won't be necessary. Love will come to me when it's ready to." I said. Cupid smiled at me approvingly. Another man with smaller wings walked in.

"Tooth Fairy you're late." Said M.N. The man that Mother Nature referred to as the tooth fairy smiled sheepishly.

"Sorry M.N., work took a little longer then expected." She smiled at him.

"Scott, (y/n) this is Tooth Fairy." He waved at us and smiled.

"You can call me tooth though if you want." I smiled. Snoring came from next to me and I giggled. I pointed at the sleeping man with my thumb and looked at everyone else.

"I'm assuming this is Sandman?" They nodded laughing with me. The blue man from earlier leaned forward and smiled.

"And you of course know who I am." He said.

"Of course I do you're-you're," I really didnt know but something made me stop to think. Father time referred to someone as Jack. Who do i-Jack Frost!

"You're Jack Frost! It's like, so obvious?" I said unsurely. He looked at me then at dad. He patted my head.

"I like her!" He said as he got back in his chair. I smiled silently as I finished my breakfast while my father and the other legendary figures talked business. After I had eaten I went back to my room and brushed my teeth then read a few books I had found laying around. When I shot bored I walked around and found Bernard yelling at some of the elves. As I watched him I thought for a moment. To passersby that didn't know B very well, they'd assume working with him would be a bother considering he's always yelling. But if they stopped to really pay attention they'd see he was caring. I watched as he yelled at an elf for working while sick and sent him home. He yelled at another for not notifying anyone about an injury she recieved from one of the reindeer while feeding them. He may be a big ball of yelling and stress but that's because he's so worried about everyone else and making sure Christmas turns out perfect. It made him even more attractive. Wait. More attractive? Did I already find him attractive? Well, he does have a nice body when he doesnt have a shirt on, I thought recalling the time I ripped his sweater off him to see what he looked like with out it. But he's my best friend I couldn't possibly have a crush on him. And even if I did he would never like me back. And even if he did like me back, he most likely wouldn't say anything. I was dragged out of my thoughts to Bernard waving his hands in front of my face.

"Hello? Anyone in there!" He said tapping my head. I giggled.

"Yes, sorry," I said.

"I must've gotten lost in thought." He smiled and laughed.

"That's okay. All I did was ask if you wanted to hangout when I'm on break." I smiled and nodded.

"Hell yes! I'm so bored!" I said holding out the last word of my sentence.  He laughed and nodded.

"Meet me out front of the shop in about twenty minutes then." He said.