<MAIN POV>

    "3...2...1...begin!" The Hokage shouted.  Asuma immediately pulled out a kunai and charged.  My instincts kicked in and I blocked his attack with my sword.  Upon contact, the both of us jumped back to gain some distance.

'Holy shit how did I do that?!'

'I told you you're a natural born fighter in this world.'

    My gaze hardened and I suddenly became more determined.  Asuma seemed to notice my change in attitude and smirked knowingly.  He charged at me once again, this time at twice the speed.  I barely had enough time to dodge, so his blade grazed the side of my cheek, leaving a scratch.  I flipped backwards and stopped to catch my breath.  Man I really need to work on stamina...

    I looked towards the Hokage and other Jonin to see how they fared.  The Hokage and Kurenai gave reassuring smiles while Kakashi carried a blank look on his face. I took a deep breath and made an attempt to focus. I got back into my fighting stance and charged.

——

    My fight with Asuma only lasted about ten minutes before the Hokage stopped us. The ten minutes were filled with our weapons clashing and nothing more. Although I was able to land a few hits on Asuma, nothing really interesting happened.

    "Thank you both for doing your best.  You are all dismissed.  Jennie, you may go as well.  Get to know the village a little bit and when you're done, report back to me," Hokage directed.  It was a little suspicious that he would just send me out on my own, so I assumed he would send anbu to watch me.

    I left the training grounds and set out to find some characters.  It was afternoon now so I assumed all the academy students were let out.  I assumed Naruto would be at his usual spot, so I decided to check there first.

'First stop Ichiraku Ramen.  I'm pretty hungry anyways, good choice kid.'

'Boi.  You can't eat, you're in my head.'

'I think you're forgetting I can switch between this form and my human form.'

'Tru, but I'm pretty sure there are anbu following me and I don't want to be suspicious.'

'Hmph, FiNe.'

    Since Ichiraku Ramen was in the anime and manga a lot, I was able to get a general idea of where it was.  Along the way I saw some familiar places such as the Yamanaka flower shop, the academy, and that book store where Kakashi buys his porno books from.  Alas, I finally arrived at the ramen stand, only to be disappointed.  There was no Naruto.

'I guess he doesn't come here at this time of day.  Maybe he'll come later?'

'Maybe, but can we please stop here and eat?'

'Not until I find Naruto, hoe.'

'Rude.'

    I decided to keep wandering around the village until I found Naruto.

——

    It had been a few hours now, and I still couldn't find Naruto.  By now I was familiar with the whole village layout, yet I still hadn't come across a single main character.

    Out of the corner of my eye I saw a flash of orange.  I quickly turned in the direction to see the person that I had been looking for the entire time running away from...I don't know maybe he was just running.  I quickly began to run after him in a hopeless attempt to make friends with him.

Crash!

    I crashed into an unknown entity and landed on my butt with a 'thud.'

'You're gonna like this one.'