十九

"This whole place just completely creeps me out..." Pinky stated. "It should. It's called the forest of death. And soon enough you're gonna find out why," Anko responded. Naruto huffed and got into a weird mocking position where he put his hand on his hips and stuck his butt out. "They call it the forest of death~and soon enough you're gonna find out why~!" He imitated childishly. "Do your worst you're not gonna scare me away!!! I can handle anything!" He yelled, pointing a finger at Anko. "So, looks like we've got ourselves a tough guy..." With her eyes closed she whipped out a kunai and hurled it at Naruto, scratching his cheek.

    She flashed behind him. "You tough enough to handle this? You're not afraid are you?" She whisper-asked tauntingly. "Tough guys like you usually leave their blood all over this forest." She began to wipe the blood from Naruto's cut but stopped abruptly and pulled out another kunai. I narrowed my eyes.

    Orochimaru disguised as a grass ninja held the kunai Anko threw previously out for her with his (or her?) tongue. "I was...just returning your knife," Orochipedo said slyly. Anko put on a fake smile. "Why thank you grass ninja," she thanked while collecting her kunai. "You know, I really only recommend you standing this close behind me if you wish to reach a premature end," she warned. Orochimaru retracted it's (lmao gonna use it or their/they cause a bitch doesn't know what gender the grass ninja is) tongue. "My pardon. With the sight of blood and your blade slicing through my hair, I'm afraid that I just became a little excited. I meant you no harm." Orochipedo walked away after that.

    "Seems like everyone today is quick tempered. There must be something in the air. This is gonna be fun," Anko commented with a smirk.

    "Now before we begin this test, I have something to hand out to you all." She pulled out a stack of papers. "It's just a standard consent form. Before the test, all of you are going to have to read over this form and then sign it," she explained. "What for?" Naruto questioned. "Some of you may not come back from this test. And I have to get your consent to that risk. Otherwise it would be my responsibility!" She finished with a laugh.

    "Now, I'll explain what you'll be doing on this test. Here, pass these out." She handed the forms to Naruto and they got distributed. "The first thing you need to know is that this test will tax every one of your survival skills. First, I'll give you all a description of the terrain on the practice field. The 44th battle training zone has 44 locked entrance gates. There are rivers and a forest inside. In the center is a locked tower located 10 kilometers from each gate. It's in this confined area that you'll undergo the survival test. The test consists of an anything-goes battle to get your hands on these scrolls." She held up the two scrolls.

    "You'll be fighting to get both a heaven scroll and an earth scroll. All together 26 teams will be taking part in this test, so half of these teams will be going after the heaven scroll. And the other half, will be trying to get the earth scroll. I'll hand over one kind of each scroll to each team and that's what you'll be vying for."

    "Okay, so how do we pass the test?" Eboy asked. "Your entire squad must bring both a heaven and an earth scroll to the tower," Anko responded. "That means at the very best half of us will fail! More if not every team is able to get both the scrolls," Pinky pointed out.

"No one ever said it would be easy. Oh and one more thing. The test has a time limit. You must finish it within five days." Multiple people complained at this.

"Completely surrounded by enemies...there won't be time to rest we'll have to keep a constant watch," Eboy stated. "Right. This test also measures endurance behind enemy lines. This is designed to be a grueling test, and I'm sure some of you won't be up for the challenge. There are also some ways you can get disqualified," Anko began. I tuned her out considering I knew all the rules and I was anticipating the start of the test.