Special Chapter: A Naruto Christmas!

One week.

I had only one week to get a present for my secret Santa which just so happened to be Shikamaru.

The whole gang of rookies (including Eboy, which might I add was really hard to get him to join) had decided to do secret Santa for Christmas. I ended up picking Shikamaru's name from the hat.

"Well let's just hope I can find something good enough for him..." I mumbled to myself. Nao was out shopping with some money I gave him (he just decided to buy something for just me considering he didn't know the others too well). Luckily I had already found something for Nao.

After living with him for such a long time, I had deduced that his favorite food was mochi so I got him a generous amount of various mochi for him to enjoy.

Now back to my main predicament: what to get the lazy ass known as Shikamaru. I had a few things in mind, but I couldn't decide on which one I thought was better.

——

As I wondered around the streets of Konoha mindlessly, I spotted the perfect person to help me. "Ayo Choji, my mannn! What up dood?" I greeted. Choji stopped mid-crunch in eating his potato chips. "Oh, what's up Jennie?" I put on a "convincing" smile. "Soo, you're good friends with Shikamaru. I was thinking maybe you could lend me some advice, huh? Huh?"

"Well, what advice do you need?" He questioned, resuming his eating. "I need to know something very important. Does Shikamaru prefer shogi, or napping?" I asked seriously. Choji only blinked in response.

"I don't know...that's a really tough question..." I sighed in defeat. "Well, that's okay. Thanks for your help though!" I thanked with a wave as I ran off, still trying to think of a solution to my problem.

——

    I sighed once again, this time because of a close call. "Just in time..." I breathed out. I was really cutting it close this time around. With only a few minutes to spare I finally came up with the perfect gift which I would present to Shikamaru soon.

    With that Nao and I raced to the location of our planned Christmas party. Sakura's parents had graciously offered up their home to be used as our meeting place. Since it was pretty much perfect considering how many of us there were, we jumped at the chance.

    I burst through the door panting, gift in hand, Nao trailing behind me. Of course, this gathered almost everyone's attention. I only gave a sheepish smile, an embarrassed blush slowly creeping its way onto my face. "Ahaha...sorry. Am I late?"

    "Not at all Jennie! Now that you're here we can officially start! Right guys?" Naruto said, earning enthusiastic cheers from almost everybody. I smiled before contributing my gift to the pile which had been set up under a makeshift Christmas tree. It kind of reminded me of A Charlie Brown Christmas (did anyone else watch this as a kid?).

    And with that we began the festivities which consisted of talking amongst each other and eating food Sakura's mother had also graciously prepared for us.

    As I joked around with Kiba and Naruto, an idea hit me. "Hey, guys! I have an idea!" This gathered everyone's attention. "Well, what is it?" Shikamaru asked lazily. "I was thinking, why not start the gift opening with a song?" I questioned rhetorically, a mischievous glint evident in my eyes. "Nao likes that idea!"

    "Yeah! Your voice is killer Jennie!" Naruto complimented. "U-um, that s-sounds l-like a wonderful idea J-Jennie." I internally squealed at Hinata's words. "Yeah yeah, are you sure you can even sing?" Ino remarked. "Bruv, I'm not an idiot. If I didn't know how to sing I wouldn't be proposing this idea, obviously. I have some pride you know. I'm not tryna embarrass myself by singing bad in front of you guys. Amirite sistas??" Just about everyone hummed in agreement, leaving a flustered Ino. "W-well then, fine! Just know your pitiful attempt at impressing my Sasuke will never work!" I sweat-dropped. Whoever said this was about impressing people? I just want to be festive, damn.