二十九

Nao and I have been training with Naruto and Jairaya for three weeks now. I've been trying to summon the celestial spirit king and learn a new move to use in my upcoming fight as well as working on my flexibility and taijutsu. All in all I had improved a lot in the course of only three weeks. Although, I can't exactly say the same for Naruto. He was still trying to summon toads, and the farthest he'd gotten is one with four legs and a tail.

I decided to take a break and visit Lee in the hospital. Nao decided to come with me to buy more flowers and visit Lee.

"Oh. Jennie, back again I see," Ino said as I walked in. "Yeah, mind if I get another white rose? For Lee." Nao flew on top of my head. "Nao wants one too!" I smiled. "Make that two white roses."

"Sure. Lee must be really special to have someone like you visiting him all the time," she spoke as she cut the flowers. "Hm? Well yeah, he's my friend after all. He's a really respectable guy. I mean, after all he's been through he still gets up and fights through the pain. That's worth recognition and respect, wouldn't you say?" She looked down guiltily. "Yeah..."

"Nao respects Lee!" Nao announced as we left the flower shop. I smiled at him. "As you should," I giggled.

——

Lee was asleep when we arrived, so I left the fresh flowers in the vase next to his bed and soon left with Nao to get back to training.

For the last week, Nao and I worked together to develop our own fighting style. Since he could now pick me up with ease, we were able to train in the air, making it much easier for the both of us.

——

"Man, is he ever gonna wake up?" Shikamaru asked as we sat next to an unconscious Naruto in the hospital. "Who knows. He's a heavy sleeper," I joked. Shikamaru sighed. Right, today is the day Gaara attacks Lee.

Naruto woke up a few minutes later. "So, you decided to wake up, huh?" Shikamaru questioned lazily. "Where am I?" Naruto wondered, still laying down. "The hospital. You overdid it with your training, which is exactly what I told you not to do," I answered. Naruto gulped before laughing awkwardly. "Eh heh heh. Sorry..." I sighed in defeat. "Well you've been out for three days straight," Shikamaru stated.

"THREE DAYS?!" Naruto jumped out of bed, now standing on top of it. "Uh yeah, more or less." Naruto was shaking. "Shikamaru, when does the final competition begin?!" I held my hands out to calm Naruto down. "Uh, tomorrow."

Naruto grabbed Shikamaru by the collar of his shirt. "WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?! WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP SOONER?! I CAN'T BE LYING AROUND HERE AT A TIME LIKE THIS!! I'VE GOTTA BE GETTING READY! AND PERVY SAGE! WHERE'S PERVY SAGE?! THAT OLD FART IS SUPPOSED TO BE SUPERVISING MY TRAINING!!"

"Hey! Calm down kid, get a grip! I don't know what you're talking about!" Shikamaru yelled defensively. With that, Naruto shot around the room frantically looking around for his things. "Calm your tits Naruto! You have to keep your cool before the day of the exam, okay? You can't overdo it at a time like this. It's perfectly fine to take a few rest days prior to a big fight like this, got it?" Naruto stopped at my words and fell back onto the bed. "Are you okay?" I asked. His stomach started growling and he turned around with waterfalls in his eyes. "Yeah...I'm really starving."

"Is that all? Man stop scaring me like that!" Shikamaru yelled, pulling out a basket of fruit. "Oh, look at this. I went through all the trouble of getting this stuff for Choji, and then the doctors told me he couldn't have it. Such a drag. But, at least we can eat it!"

"Choji? You mean he's here in the hospital too?" Shikamaru looked unfazed. "Nothing to worry about. All he's got is a bad case of indigestion. He ate one short rib too many," he joked. Naruto laughed hysterically. "Hahaha!! I should have figured, that's just like him!" He shouted, clutching his stomach from all the laughter.