(13) "Smells Like Teen Spirit"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

150 views. 150 views. One hundred and fifty views. Guys, you have no idea how happy this makes me. It's not that big of a deal for you guys, but right now my feelings are like ASDFGHJKL. And for the next order of business, literally just know did I realize that there are two Alex's in this story. And it really annoyed me. So I went back and changed the female Alex's name to Andy. Great job, me, you're eleven chapters into your story and you don't even know the name of your own freaking characters. Groans. Also, this chapter is dedicated to @fallen_branches. I loved her comments on the first chapter, and you guys have no idea how much I love getting feedback comments. Drop one for me, I'd really love it :D

________________________________________

"Are you ready, Draven?" Kalel knocked on the door.

"Just wait a second," I said and fixed my tie. You never know how much you hate ties until you tie it too tight. Then it's hell. But I've always hated ties. Thanks goodness the last time I had to wear one was for Haley's wedding.

"Come on, Draven, Alex and his date are already here. They're waiting on you," Kalel sighed.

"You take longer than a girl, Kjellberg," I heard an unfamiliar voice say.

"Wait a second, Alex brought a date?" I asked. "I thought you two were going together. Wasn't that the point?"

"When I forced you against your will to go dress shopping on Sunday, Alex complained that he would be the third wheel, so I told him to ask Jack out," Kalel said.

"And he said yes?" I asked.

"Um, yeaaah?" That voice said. I guess, Jack said.

"Why?" I joked.

"Watch it, Kjellberg," Alex scolded and I laughed. "Now hurry up."

"I'm coming," I said and did a hair flip to finish off my whole look I have going here.

On Sunday, we came back from Fargo and Kalel begged me to stay another week. I accepted, so now I'm staying here, only for a bit more. Then she'll nag me again. And again. Since today is Friday/the last of school for Kalel, they're having a final dance or whatever tonight and she invited me to come with. I first said no, so I wouldn't interfere with her keeping her promise to Alex. I finally caved after she peppered me with kisses--and she knew that it would work. So she dragged me to a prom shop yesterday to pick out a black tuxedo and a tie to match her dress after consultation from Felicity.

"About time," Alex mumbled.

I opened up the door and found Alex and I guess Jack leaned up against the wall and Kalel kind-of-patiently waiting on the other side of the door. When I saw her, I immediately started falling in love with her again. She had her pink dress on that we went shopping for about a week ago. She just had her hair curled and earrings and a necklace to match the sequins on the band of her dress along with silver prom shoes. She also had gorgeous makeup instead of her usual black eyeliner. I wonder if she thought the same thing as me about the 'love at first sight' thing, because I'm pretty sure I'm staring at her with the same expression that she is to me. I finally shook my head and brought myself back to the real world when I saw Alex waving his hand in front of my face.

"Earth to Draven?" Alex said.

"I'm back," I blinked.

"Where were you?" Alex asked.

"Hmm, Wonderland," I winked to Kalel and she just giggled in response.

"Are you guys done yet?" Felicity popped out of nowhere.