Descent Into Hell

"I'm sorry, we're closed," Jaehwan called out, so busy cleaning the counter that he didn't look up to see who had arrived.

When he raised his eyes however, he found Hongbin and Sanghyuk, with Hakyeon in the middle.

"Oh, you guys finally brought him," he stated.

Sanghyuk nodded. "He wants to do the spell."

"Come again?"

"The spell," Hakyeon said, his low soft voice now devoid of emotion. "I want to go through with it."

Jaehwan took a gander at the person who was supposed to be his boss. The hopeful light in his eyes had disappeared, making his brown eyes look like a deep black abyss, and Jaehwan felt like he was being drawn into their depths.

It was unsettling to see his normally happy and cheerful boss like this, devoid of all hope and joy.

"Alright..." he trailed off.

"What do I need to do, Jaehwan?" Hakyeon asked, his voice strained, as if he was trying to keep all his rage under control.

"W-well," Jaehwan knew he shouldn't be messing with Hakyeon when he was in this state. "It requires a few ingredients..."

"And what are those ingredients?" 

"I-I have a list," Jaehwan said, pulling out a piece of paper and sliding it over the counter.

Hongbin picked up the list, his eyes scanning the ingredients. As his eyes moved down the paper, he paused upon a specific one. "One of these ingredients may not be possible to obtain," he mournfully said.

Hakyeon swiftly turned to him. "What do you mean?"

"This says that we need a pomegranate," Hongbin said.

"We can get that from the nearest grocery store," Sanghyuk pointed behind him.

"From the Underworld," Hongbin continued, raising his eyes to Sanghyuk, letting him know that his interruption wasn't appreciated at all.

"The Underworld?" Sanghyuk asked. "Is it talking about the pomegranate that Hades gave Persephone?"

"Looks like it," Jaehwan murmured.

Hongbin turned to Jaehwan. "How do you expect us to get something like this?" he asked. "This fruit only exists in the Underworld. Do you expect us to go all the way down there?"

"Yes."

All three of them turned to Hakyeon, who had been standing quietly by the counter, looking down. His one voice had made them stop in their tracks, and Hongbin looked at his friend as if he were crazy.

Hell, with the way he was acting now, he was probably way gone.

"You're not seriously going to go to the Underworld," Hongbin said. "May I remind you that the very Lord of the Underworld may not take very kindly to us dropping by for a chat?"

Hakyeon ignored him, focusing his interest on Jaehwan. "If the spell requires us to go to the Underworld, so be it."

"Alright," Hongbin piped up. "I know I encouraged you to do this, but the Underworld...I didn't think it would take so much. No way am I letting you-"

"There might be a way to the Underworld," Jaehwan piped up.

At once all the attention was focused on him, a mixture of curiosity, disbelief and just general "what the heck did you just say?"

"What?"

"I've been to the Underworld before," Jaehwan explained. "It was a year or so ago, but I think we can still use that way."