The Shattered Ones

Wonshik looked up from his throne when Jaehwan returned.

"You're back," he stated. "I take it that means it's working?"

Jaehwan nodded. "The transfer has begun." 

Wonshik raised an eyebrow when he saw that even Jaehwan seemed to be transforming. Now, his normally dark brown hair was blonde, and his black shirt was white.

Wonshik pursed his lips. He was getting more powerful alright.

Quickly folding up the paper and laying it on the seat, Wonshik got up and silently lead Jaehwan back to the room where Hakyeon lay tied up and alone.

Hakyeon raised his head when Jaehwan entered the room. "Back to hurt me some more?" he spat.

"Now don't say that, Hakyeon," Jaehwan informed him. "I did say that it wasn't personal at all."

Hakyeon raised his eyes slightly to Jaehwan's hair. "Your...hair. It's...blonde now..."

"You don't have to worry about that," Jaehwan said. "It just means that the power is transferring into me, and I'm slowly regaining my true form."

"Power?" Hakyeon murmured. Did he mean Taekwoon's power?"

"What have you done with him?" Hakyeon asked softly.

"Like I've said before, your cousin won't come to harm," Jaehwan replied. "I'm doing him a favor by taking his abilities."

Hakyeon looked down. His cousin, his brother, was probably trapped in another room, tied and unable to escape, having his essence sucked out of him.

All because of him.

All because he got jealous.

Then another thought slowly poked at his mind. Nayoung...

"You won't get away with this," Hakyeon told Jaehwan.

Jaehwan bemusedly raised an eyebrow. "You sound so confident," he said. "Mind telling me why?"

"He's not alone," Hakyeon said. "His fiancee will go looking for him, and once she does-"

He was cut off by the door behind Jaehwan opening. Hakyeon craned his neck to see who had come in, and his blood ran cold.

Nayoung...

She was just as beautiful as he remembered, however, something had changed. She gave off a cold air, and her eyes were no longer soft. 

What was she doing here?

Did she come to save him?

She had to have, right?

Right?

Jaehwan looked at her and then back at him. "You were saying?" he asked.

"N-Nayoung!" Hakyeon called out, ignoring him. "Help me. We need to go help Taekwoon!"

She cast him a look, her gaze full of ice. 

"Nayoung, please," Hakyeon pleaded. "Help me!" 

Silence from her once again.

"Nayoung! We need you! Taekwoon needs you!"

Jaehwan let out a chuckle, breaking the silence. "My God, I couldn't even fathom how slow you were until I saw you in the flesh."

Hakyeon turned to him. "W-what do you mean?"

"Haven't you figured it out yet?" Jaehwan asked, his voice one of disbelief.