Special Delivery

ROSIE'S POV

I was watching a Spongebob reruns and slurping a glass of chocolate milk with Kate when suddenly she blurted out, "I think you really should to start living healthy, my child."

I rolled my eyes.

"I was drinking a glass of hot chocolate milk in the morning, Mom, was that not healthy enough for you?" I slurped the last bits loudly just to annoyed her, and smirked when I saw she rolled her blue eyes.

"Firstly,  you weren't drank chocolate milk only for breakfast--- I mean, who did that,  you idiot? And I knew that you knew about how important it was to consumed enough proteins in your breakfast menu."

And that was how she started ranting around about my life.

Sighing slowly, I got up and headed to the kitchen, preparing to make the "real" breakfast, whilst I could still hear Kate's blabbering in the back ground.

"How did you like your eggs cooked this morning, Kate? " I called out.

No response. Weird. I swore just a second ago I heard her talking about my unhealthy chocolate obsession rate higher each days she's here, but now suddenly it's all quiet?

"Um...  Kate? You heard me?" I grabbed a spatula and headed back to the living room.

I couldn't find her. But then I heard an, " I am peeing right now,  R,  don't think I'm done with you yet, I just... I just can't hold it on any longer," from the bathroom. 

Well, okay. Nothing new with that. She was an unpredictable person,  and I still wondering how in the world was I able to kept up with her. Then again, we were like the same person with a different personality.  She was the outgoing, loud, all smiley, and has no filter with her mouth, I was the silence obsessed freak, the observer, and the one who kept everything to herself.

I was just entering the kitchen when there was someone knocking on the front door. I opened it, and surprised when I looked into two pairs of baby blue eyes of my next door neighbor. I shamelessly checked him out with a blank face,  which made him bit his bottom lip unconsciously.

"Hi," he smiled.

"What did you want?" I gripped the door handle tightly, ready to slammed it in front of his face. Just to make it clear,  I was not rude like that, usually, but maybe it was just the almost monthly cycle coming, so I was being more sensitive---or dare I say irrational?---than usual.

That unfriendly response did no harm to him, because he only smiled wider at me whilst he taken two steps forward, which made us stood closer to each other than we were.

" There's a few things you can help me with, and nothing major, I promise. I just needed you to hear me out.

"First, I knew I haven't been a good neighbor to you since you moved in, caused a lot of nuisances, and I really am sorry for that. Second, I hoped I have made a better second impression with you--- but I still sorry for made you felt uncomfortable with my stupid lines---because let's be honest, we both knew that I am attracted to you.

" And the last is,  I noticed that you've been a little bit sad than usual --- pardon me if I'm wrong--- and here's something to lighten up your day, and as an apology for my unpleasing behavior towards you. " He brought out a big size paper bag that I didn't notice he hold behind his back the whole time and gave it to me,  his touch lingered for a while.

I stood there like a lost puppy under his spell, hearing everything he wanted me to hear with my insides churned in a weird way. But you know what's weirder?

I secretly liked the way he made me mushy inside, and I only been here for almost a month.

Plus that I haven't really talked to him, yet still.

I liked it.

"Thanks, but you don't have to do this, Luke." I scratched my neck nervously.

"Nah, it's fine, " he said,  "I wanted to. And I hope we can get along soon. "

"You aware that I might not talk to you ever again, right? "

He laughed. " A hundred percent, yeah? It's worth the shot, really. I'd rather you like that after me apologising than you shut me out before I said it. "

With that, he turned his back and walked to his door. I managed to catch his attention back before he gone.

I called him out,  "Luke? What is this  for? "

"I told you. It was a special delivery to lighten up your day. Well, or at least I hoped so. See you later, Love."

I closed the door and leaning on it for a while, his words still ringing in my ears.

A special delivery, huh?  What is it?

I opened the bag and found a fluffy strawberry cheesecake inside, a little box of chocolate, and a pink rose.

My bubbly world popped out when Kate's snatched the bag from me and smiling creepily.

"Oh ho ho,  a little gift from the next door boyfriend, I see. Look,  there's a little note for you! " She snatched a little note on the pink rose and handed it to me.

"I'm gonna finish making the breakie. You just sit there fantasized about that future boy of yours." She took the bag and left me alone in the hallway,  a note in my hand, and a single rose on the other.

I read the note. And for the love of God my heart beat faster.

" I hope these could bring back that breathtaking smile of yours, Rose.

Love,
Luke xx"

But then again,  jokes on me as Kate went back and her next sentence interrupted my own bubble. I almost jumped in surprise.

"Oh, right, almost forgot. Just wanna let you know, I'll going to read that note and planning your wedding as we eat that cake after breakfast," she smiled not so innocently.

".... Thought you deserve the warning." she winked and walked back to the kitchen, leaving me dumbstrucked after the front door,  still.