~~3~~

I sat there, looking up at him as he walked out of the room. Before he could get any farther, he stopped and looked down at me. I froze. I finally had a name to the person playing the music this whole time. Tyler Joseph. He was the best basketball player in our school, everyone knew that. But apparently what everyone, including me didn't know was that he played piano. Really well, too.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you. I just..." I just what? Decided I liked your skills and have been stalking you for the past couple weeks? That just made me sound like a creeper. It was a bad idea to even start listening to him. He stared at me, eyes wide with fear like a deer caught in a vehicle's headlights. I frowned. He looked trapped. With the fear that I could expose him. Was that what he was thinking? Was this his secret? Nobody else knew about it, I knew that for sure. Did he have lunch then this period? Did he skip just to play? Before he or I could say anything else, he ducked his head and ran out the door without so much as a glance. I reached out for him wishing he would come back and talk to me. Explain it to me. Explain why he felt the way he did when he saw the vehicle that would end his life as a beautiful being that just wanted to live and thrive in peace.