~~5~~

"Watch where you're going! Jesus Christ! Move over already." I watched as he stepped right over me as he made his way to a table where his friends would cheer him on. I sat up, now feeling like rubbish. I looked around at everybody, their eyes all focused intently on me. Some had already returned back to their tables and back to their conversations. But my eyes landed on on person. Tyler was watching me with pity as I sat on the ground alone. Once our eyes connected, he ripped his face away. He couldn't even stand to look at me. I was a wounded animal. I stood up and quickly ran away from the cafeteria. Somewhere else away from the crowd. I ran to the choir room. Tyler wasn't there so I knew nobody would be there. I ran to the same room Tyler would play in. Salty tears threatened to rain down on the carpet in the tiny room that was only occupied by a piano and a bench. I hated the smell of the room but I turned on the light and sat down on the bench anyways. I watched as the tears gathered under my eyes. I wiped them away and placed my hand delicately on the piano. Not sure how to place it to play a song. Or even a chord composed of a few notes. I pressed down on one button. It hummed out. It was a lower note, more on the left side of the board. I just focused on playing one single note at a time and holding it, letting it fill the air. I didn't care. I just breathed, and that was all I could do to calm down.