~~6~~

I stared down at the piano for a while in silence. I had been in here too long and probably missed the bell for dismissal. I was skipping my next class apparently. I had stopped crying and was trying to relax when I heard the door open. I wiped my face with my hand trying to compose myself before turning around. I watched as Tyler entered the room with me with a somber look. He stared at me.

"Are you okay? From... lunch. I'm sorry about that. He can be a jerk." He looked around the room that was painted a seafoam green, looking for something to focus on, other than me. I must look like a wreck.

"Yeah, thanks, I'm fine." I wasn't. Not really anyways.

"Could I possibly sit by you? Would that be okay?" I watched as he moved towards me and felt myself slowly move to the side so he could sit by me. We both faced forward towards the piano staring at the black and white keys. He set his left hand down on the piano, gently touching certain keys until he pressed down and played a pretty chord. It reminded me of the calm music he played all the time. Well, what he used to play. He brought up his right hand and played a gentle tune that matched the chord. It was soft. I just watched his hands move up and down the keyboard, as I felt his gaze land on me instead.