Chapter 10

Peridot's POV

Lapis glanced at Steven.

"Uhh... what exactly are you planning, Steven?" she asked him, with a confused expression on her face. He swallowed.

"It's... uhh... IT WAS AMETHYST'S IDEA." He yelled.

"What... idea?" I asked him, frowning.

"We were gonna leave you guys alone a lot together... so we could...maybe... seeyouguyskissorsomething?" He said nervously.

"STEVEN." I said angrily, "that's... that's... INVASION OF PRIVACY." I said angrily. Lapis just looked at the ground uncomfortably.

"It was my fault." Amethyst said, appearing from around a corner, awkwardly shuffling her feet, "I... well, I got bored of watching you two blush and stand around awkwardly... so Steven and I were just going to... give you two some space?" She said, her face flushing from embarrassment.

"But... but you were going to SPY ON US." I said, highly annoyed.

"Only for a second!"

"That's still not right!" I responded.

"But you guys need something new and exciting!" she said, getting angry.

"Actually..." I said, taking a deep breath and trying to calm down, "everything is exciting when I'm with her. You've probably felt that way about someone before, haven't you Amethyst?" She blushed and turned away.

"Hmm, yeah actually..." she mumbled, trying to hide her smile.

"Will you guys PLEASE forgive us?" Steven asked, looking back and forth from me to Lapis.

"Of course Steven." Lapis said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm BOORRED." Steven complained. Lapis, Steven and I were sitting in the Temple, not really doing anything. It was a couple hours after Lapis and I had fused, and I couldn't stop thinking about it. It felt good to be together like that... but I had to act all weird about it in front of Lapis. I don't want to make her upset. She's been through enough. I have to apologize for freaking out...

"We could walk on the beach." Lapis suggested to Steven, jerking me out of our thoughts.

"Yeah!" He said excitedly, jumping up from the couch, "We should go swimming!"

I thought about that for a minute. It might be worth a try. I noticed Lapis frowning at the ground.

"Are you okay?" I asked her, concerned.

"Hm? Yeah... I'm fine..." she said quietly. Steven ran upstairs and came back a few minutes later with a swim suit on and a towel.

"Let's GOOOO!" He said, charging out of the front door. I stood up and started to follow him out of the Temple. I glanced back and I saw Lapis hesitate, but then walk towards the door. We walked down the wooden staircase and reached the sand below. Steven waited for us to catch up to him before running towards the beach, where a couple of other people were laying on towels and playing in the water. Lapis was acting strange. She stood on the beach with her eyes locked on the water. Oh! It must be reminding her of Jasper! I shouldn't have let her come here... this is bad. She was breathing more quickly and she was completely frozen in place now. I saw tears starting to form in her eyes.

"L- Lapis?" I said, reaching for her arm. She jerked away from me, and I saw a tear escape her eye. Her wings formed and she started to fly away. Steven didn't notice any of this because he was too busy splashing around in the ocean.

"Oh no..." I whispered. I hated seeing Lapis like this. I wanted her to feel safe. I saw her land on a tall hill that wasn't very far away, and I started to walk towards her. I reached the bottom of the hill, and I started to climb. I could hear muffled sobs as I reached the top. Then I saw Lapis kneeling on the ground, with her hands covering her face. I walked up to her slowly, but she didn't stop crying softly. I sat down beside her and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm a w-worthless gem P-Peridot... w-why do you even c-care about me?" she sobbed.

"I'll always care about you Lapis... and you're not a worthless gem."

"P-Peri?" she said, sniffling, but looking me in the eyes, "You're the only one I want. You're the o-only gem I need. I love you so much." She pulled me closer and I held on to her tighter, and I never wanted to let go. After a few minutes, we pulled out of the hug, blushing slightly. I wiped some of her tears away, and held her hand in my cheek. She's so pretty... I wish she knew that. Lapis looked at me with her stunning dark blue eyes. She leaned in slowly, and our lips collided. I kissed her with everything I had, and eventually I started to pull away, but she grabbed my waist and pulled me closer. I could feel myself falling even more in love with her, if that was even possible. We kissed one another for a while, and it was enough time for Steven to start wondering where we had gone. Lapis had started to kiss my gem, when I heard a familiar voice.

"OH MY GOOOSH!" Steven squealed. We broke apart instantly, both of us blushing furiously. Steven was still fangirling over us, and jumping up and down.

"Steven!" We said in unison.

"What are you doing up here?" Lapis asked, obviously extremely embarrassed. Steven couldn't seem to speak, he just kept squealing and flailing his arms around.

"Ugh." I moaned. Lapis only looked more flustered as Steven ran around us in circles. We didn't even get to finish... whatever we were doing.