Chapter 24: The end?

Sarah Anderson, Unknown wing of the Lilith Castle.

Mm... My head hurts; a crushing pain just on one side of my head that came and went in a pattern. Ugh... My body felt numb and weak, my throat and mouth were dry. As the darkness left my body, I slowly regained my consciousness. My eyelids feel weighted shut, light glowing through them in a reddish-yellow assurance. What happen...? How long I've been out...? Where am I...?

The shuffle of footsteps brought a cold vibe to the room. "Ah, you're awake." A feminine, nevertheless pleasant, a voice whispered, jolting me from my thoughts.

Glancing up, I saw a woman clad all in white, smirking at me.

"Y-You..." I managed to utter. It was Irene and she didn't have her glamour-spell on. It was true what the books said; demons in their true form were very appealing to the human eye.

She waved her hand, fingers dancing sarcastically in the air. "It is I! Who else would it be?!" She asked indignantly. "Oh--! But of course! I've been using a disguise, that's only natural..."

"W-Where... where did you take me?" I asked. "Am I..." As a certain thought hit me, I looked around, in an attempt to verify my hypotheses. "...where is Erik?"

"Not going to answer, I'm the one who asks the questions here." She said bluntly.

"I have nothing to say to you." I dropped my head down; couldn't stay focused. What was wrong with me? I breathed in and out heavily. It felt like my lungs would collapse at any time.

She approached me, "Hey... Did you liked my cookies?" then, clasped my jaw, forcibly lifting my head up to face her. "Did you?!"

Wha--? I thought confused. What did she mean by 'my' cookies? When did she--?

***************** Flashback *****************

"(...) On top of the round table, I noticed there was an old fashion porcelain tea set and a plate of various, different shaped-cookies with sugar coating on its surface. My belly growled at that scene. Yet, not only had cookies but also muffins, macaroons, and cupcakes. (...)"

**********************************************

No way--! I yelled in my mind in realization.

"...They were made just for you, after all. I bet they tasted delicious~!" She chuckled amused.

No... fucking... way!

"Do you wonder how its flavor turned out like that?" She asked. "C'mon! Ask me, ask me!" She clapped her hands together. Her eyes looked completely without expression despite her smile, like a mirror.

My eyes widened in panic and fear, as a chill run up-down my spine. She's a lunatic!

She stretched her arm out and gripped my hair, pulling my head back.

"Ngh--! L-Let go, Irene!" I begged, grabbing her wrist. I tried to pull her hand away but couldn't, her grip was firm, her hand strongly entwined with my hair-locks.