Bonus _ 1 _ 1

«You're such a workaholic, Sarah! You better be here for the ceremony as you promised or else...»

(...)

Workaholic she said... I better be there on time.

As soon as I stepped foot inside the Anderson Toys Company building, I was immediately greeted by Jonathan, who was already waiting by the automatic door; his face was stern, yet peaceful. He handed me over a cup of freshly brewed coffee along with the meeting papers that he had so cautiously separated for me. "Here are the papers you'll be needing for the meeting, Mrs. Anderson. The important topics are underlined in yellow. Please, review them before you enter." He guided me through each page as I flipped them. "Also you have some notes if you feel tongue-tied," And, he pointed to the sticky notes."I know this is your first time leading a business meeting alone."

"Y-Yeah... " I stammered a bit nervous about the whole ordeal. Was I really ready for this step? Through the past year, I've always been accompanied by the Vice-chairman, following him everywhere like a perfect shadow, abiding orders like a real intern. Not that I'm not grateful, because I am. He has been teaching me everything I need to know to fully fulfill my role in the company, making sure in the future I'll do a good job. All that I knew about the company and what being a CEO meant, was due to him. I sighed; it came as a signal, not of my resolving but of the level of my tension has reached. I just hoped not to mess things up. We need to close that deal as It would be good for the company. "There's a lot of pressure, you know?"

"I get that but, don't you worry, ma'am. You'll do great. I'm sure of that. You've proved to be quite the CEO so far." He gently patted me on the shoulder, trying to, as much as possible, boost my confidence up. "Your grandfather would be proud."

I smiled, feeling a little reassured by his kind words. I wasn't definitely ready but, after hearing that, I felt more confident. Let's do this!

"I also took the liberty and asked Charlotte to prepare the west wing meeting room for you. Marie took the day off." He briefly explained."We have set out for you several bottles of water, a coffee machine, and plastic cups for the short, mini-break. The computer and the overhead projector are ready as well for the visual presentation." He added.