Chapter 7

I was now sitting at my desk, with my rose gold lamp shining on the white piece of paper. Next to the empty sheet was Sebastian's letter. Each time I glanced at it, I could not help but smile. It made my day that he took the time to write back. I picked up my pen and let the words flow from my brain.

Sebastian,

I hope you didn't get the mail lady mad at you. She may start opening and reading our letters. We had a neighbor on our street who had that happen for like a whole month straight. It was crazy! The worker got fired though, that's like a straight up crime.

I wish I could say I was going to travel the world. In my ideal life, I would go straight to Europe this summer and open the year traveling- Italy, Hungary, France, Sweden. I will be starting college in the Fall. Right now I'm undecided what my major is. I'll just be taking those basic classes like writing, maths, and sciences. The college I'm going to is about an hour and a half away. I'm going to be staying in the dorms. My best friend, Mya, is going to be my roommate. It should make for an interesting time.

How about you, college or travel? 

My life has been pretty vanilla. High school consisted of homework, going to football games, and  Netflix. It has been good though, no complaints. 

This summer I am going on a vacation with my best friend and family. Actually, we are coming to your home state! Otherwise I work at a ice-cream parlor in my town. It can be fun some days.

I don't mind that you added me on Facebook. Just a fair warning I usually go on like once in the morning and that's all. I'm not big on social media. Don't be making fun of that missing front tooth. I'll have you know, I was so popular because I could do the coolest whistle in the class.

Adeline

After rereading my letter, I neatly creased and folded the paper. My fingers gently tucked it away into the cream envelope. With it facing up, I wrote Sebastian's name and address in cursive across the middle. Then I placed the American flag stamp in the top right corner.

I stood up from my desk, letter in hand, and made my way downstairs. I slid on the first pair of flip flops I could find, then headed out to the mailbox. As I was putting the letter into the mail, my mom's car pulled in the driveway. She waved her hand, then parked along side the basketball hoop. I quickly raised the red flag and made my way over to her car. 

"Hi Addie," she greeted me. 

"Hey mom. I have some hotels and houses to show you whenever you get a chance," I told her.

"Why don't you go get it set up in the kitchen. I'm going to change and I'll be down"

I nodded my head in response and we both made our way back into the house. In the kitchen, I pulled my laptop from my book bag that was still laying on the floor. I sat down on one of the stools and began to pull up all the tabs. I rested my head on my hand and began to think. What if I could meet Sebastian in person when we are on vacation. After the though, I shook my head. 

Moments later, my mom came back down the stairs wearing more relaxed clothing. She took a seat next to me and turned the laptop to face her. I went through each tab and showed her the places I had found. I gave her the price per night, the bedroom count, bathroom count, and the distance from the beach.

"You know what? I think I'll talk to dad about doing the house rental. I think that's a smart idea, Addie," mom said giving me a warm smile, "What are your plans for the rest of the day?"

"I'm going to Mya's house and then we are going to a party"

"A party? Please be safe"

"I always am mom. My friend group literally calls me mom"