Chapter 42 || Compulsion

Natalie's Pov 

I might've squealed a little with excitement. It was a go on that end of the plan. Now to talk mom into going without Johnathan using compulsion. I had no idea he had such ability. I guess if he wanted me to know to begin with he would've told me. My mind went one hundred miles an hour as I thought of how he might've used it on me. But I never felt any different... Cept my feelings for him had changed. I farrowed my brow and crossed my arms. Is that why I have such strong feelings for him now? He used compulsion on me? The more I thought about it the more annoyed I felt. But I couldn't think of me right now.

Opening my door, Johnathan spilled in.

"Oh, um..." he stammered. "So it's a go with your relatives then?"

He rubbed the back of his neck and smirked that annoying smirk of his as I nodded. A bit of agrivated.

"I'm going to find my mom now. Keep hidden," I stated, walking past him in the direction of my mom's room. I sensed confusion in his voice as he chuckled.

I couldn't talk to him about my feelings until I convinced mom into going. I could feel nerves turning in my stomach as I reached her bedroom door.

"Mom, may I come in?" I asked, tapping on the door lightly.

I heard a faint yes and I entered, Johnathan slipping in behind me as I left the door cracked a bit. Mom was sitting on an armed chair, reading a book. She looked comfy.

"Hey, mom... can we talk?" I asked, sitting on the side of the bed.

She looked up at me excitedly. "You won't believe what I've found out about this place!"

I looked at her confused then down at the book. Emprinted on the cover was The Great Catcher Fire. Oh dear...

"The fire," she continued. "Was definatly on purpose. Vampires were killed because of a group called The Counsel. An evil vampire named Jacob, had killed Mr. Catcher and his son... And Natalie... His son was named Johnathan!"

My eyes grew wide. She was in too deep. Finding out things too quickly.

"Mom, that's great. But listen," I tried changing the subject. "I called Nora and she said her family would love to have you come and stay with them for a few weeks..."

"Oh no dear, I'm not going anywhere," mom stated, standing up. "I've been finding out a lot about this Catcher place ever since I arrived. I can't stop now! I'm on a road of discovery!"

"Mom, some things aren't meant to be discovered," I said, shaking my head in annoyance.

"If they weren't meant to be discovered, then why connect leads to them? I'm staying... that's final," mom said sternly.

"Mom, please. Just leave things alone," I tried convincing her.

"Natalie, if there's something that you're hiding from me and you're not willing to tell me now, then I don't have a choice here," mom argued.

I was at a loss right now. I gave a nervous chuckle and threw my hand behind my head as a gesture for Johnathan to come and compuls her. I didn't want to go about it this way. I wanted her to have a clean mind and to not be controlled. But she was finding things out too quickly. I had to put an end to it. I had to place her somewhere Jacob couldn't find her.

Suddenly, as soon as mom was about to leave the room, Johnathan blocks the door. His eyes changing different colors as he stares into my mom's eyes.

"Mrs. Havens, you will go to Nora's house for a few weeks until Natalie calls you home. You will forget everything you've learned about the Catcher family ad manor. Your will no longer research them because there is no more leads," Johnathan said.

Mom repeated everything back to him and she was soon shaking her head in confusion.

"Natalie, didn't you say something about Nora?" mom asked, turning to face me.

I nodded slowly. "She wants you to stay with her a few weeks."

"Oh, I absolutely adore Nora and her family. Guess I'll start packing then."

I nodded and walked out the room and found Johnathan leaning against the wall in the hallway. He looked a bit faint.

"Hey, are you feeling okay?" I asked, placing a hand on his shoulder.

He nodded with a faint smile. "I forget how much energy doing compulsion takes."

I nodded and helped him into the parlor. Never in my life have I ever thought something like this would ever happen to me.