Chapter 4

I woke up and before me was a dark room with a single light by the door. I had a pounding headache and when I looked closer a figure could be seen by the door motioning for me to come closer. I get up from my place and the person jut smiles and the light goes off, they appear in another place and I kept on following them. It was like they were toying with me. Until all the lights went off.

A door opened behind me which lead to a bunch of stairs. I walked down the stairs and I figured out there was a basement and some extras rooms to this house. But before I could conclude anything further the figure decided to open a door as if trying to tell me something. But what?

Before I could make any questions the figure just vanished into thin air, and I was left standing in front of this room with the same familiar feeling as all the other rooms but then again I had no recalling of any memories, so without thinking twice I got in the room trying to end this mystery.

As soon as I enter this room was obvious that here was the answer to all of my questions, the walls were filled with pictures, hundreds of photos covered the walls, I was confused but knew this was were I was supposed to be, in the middle of the room was a desk, with a book that resembled a journal, I got closer and holding the book, instantly I knew to whom this book belong to...belong it to me, I didn't remember to write on it, but I knew that this was my journal, so I opened and start reading it...

"Finally you reached the basement, you are probably wondering why are you here, what is this place, and why you can't remember anything from your life...

Well let's start by the beginning, you were raised in this house with your family, no they aren't here anymore, we took care of that...knowing myself I know that when you read this book, you will be confused, we have been through a lot buddy..."

What the hell?! I wrote that? So this was my house? My family, my memories were vanished from my brain, I couldn't even remember my own name...I looked around and decided to look at the pictures, it was the same family I've been seen all this time, the little boy was me...but why couldn't I remember any of this?
On the pictures I noticed I stopped smiling at some point, and the facial expressions of my parents were different as well, they seemed sad, with no life in them...
I looked at the journal I was holding and decided to keep reading...

"So as you probably know you've been living in this house with your parents all your life, you were happy until the age of seven...did you noticed the pictures? At seven you started seeing them...can you see them now?"

As I read those words I looked around and they were there...the shadows...

"The 'darkness' as we called them, they make everything dark...including our thoughts and they're the reason why you have been stuck in this house all this time...they used to lock us in a room...Mum and Dad, they were scared of us, they stuck us in a hole like we were animals...but they never realised that we were as frightened as them, the shadows were watching us every second, replacing our once happy thoughts into the most dark ones...they took our parents away, our life they claimed as their own, and I'm hoping you have an answer... somehow, someday..."

I couldn't understand how was I meant to get out of this house, I looked around and I could see them running around and I could swear they were laughing...

"Shut up!" I scream, holding my head in my hands in desperation, I didn't know what to do next, but I couldn't stay in here for any longer, suddenly I thought of one place I could find the answers, running up the stairs and loosing myself in the hallways, opening every door, I finally found it!!

The closet that hid the entrance to a room that held all the answers....

Soon I was behind that same door that gave me those chilling feelings, but I knew deep down that this was the place that could help me getting out of this place, so I opened the door and although I've been here before, it was still hard to face the past memories imprinted on those walls and the silent screams hidden in the air was like this huge weight that makes it hard to breath.

Somehow I remember walking into this room before. It was the demented child's room with the walls being inscripted with Latin. The diary entry if I can recall...it's still on the floor over by the desk. I walked over there, as I walked over I heard footsteps seeming to mimic mine.

I bent down on the floor and read the entry again;

"Dear Nobody,

I wonder how long till my death arrives...I haven't seen them in days, at night I try to sneak out but they locked the door...I'm tired of this hell, I want it to end, the pain of keep going is too much for me to handle, they don't care...
They left me here to rotten and live like a lost memory, a used toy, until I turn into nothing..."

I was certain that I came into this room and began to remember this strange place. My thoughts were interrupted when someone tapped me on the shoulder. There face was covered and there Head was tilted. The man spoke in a voice I recognized as the one before;

I see you're starting to remember things but...how much can you actually take at one time.

He disappeared and the one light went off...it was dark. I heard a tiny light pair of Footsteps. Tiny hands grabbed my shoulders and made me go down onto my knees. The kid whispered something into my ear that freaked me out;

You might have to pay for this once and for all.

As the kid said that the room got even darker than before, the walls were engulfed in a kind of darkness that was frightening but at the same time beautiful. The kid spoke again;

It's not going to be pretty.

I heard echoes that seemed like Latin, the words started to become louder, louder and louder. The kid started to laugh in a all too familiar way. He spoke again in a harsh whisper that got carried along with the wind;

Now run.

The darkness rushed after me and I ran towards my inevitable death.