T|w|e|l|v|e

I stand beside Aslan glaring at the witch as she heads towards us.

"The queen! The queen of Narnia!" Her servant yells

"Aslan, are you sure this is a good idea?" I whisper to him

"Don't fret, child." He says

The witch stops in front of us. "You have a traitor in your midst, Aslan."

"His offence was not against you." He says

"Have you forgotten the laws on which Narnia was built?" She snaps

Aslan roars "don't recite the deep magic to me, witch! I was there when it was written."

"Then you'll remember well that any traitor belongs to me!" She spits "his blood is my property."

Peter draws his sword "try and take him then!"

The witch looks at peter with a hint of amusement "do you think that mere force will deny me my right, Little King?"

"Aslan and Victoria know that as long as I have blood the law demands all of Narnia will be overturned and perish in fire and water!" She turns to the crowd "that boy, will die, on the stone table. As is tradition. You dare not refuse me."

I look over at Aslan with worry. "Aslan."

"Enough." He sighs "we shall talk with you alone." He turns into the tent.

"After you." I scowl at the witch and follow her into the tent.

❄️❄️❄️

"Surely there's another law!" I argue "one that denies her ed!"

Aslan sighs "she is entitled Edmund."

"I don't see why we're in here then." The witch says

"Why do you want him anyway?" I ask "it's not like he did anything irreplaceable for you!"

The white witch scoffs "you know nothing of what happened."

"Aslan! We can't just hand over Edmund! That's barbaric!"

"How about a trade." Aslan suggests

My head snaps towards him and my eyes go wide "a trade?"

"Yes. If you leave Edmund, I will take his place."

The witches smile grows wide "you'll swear to that?"

Aslan nods gravely.

Tears well up In my eyes "A-Aslan. No don't please! Y-you can't."

"It's done, Child. You may leave. Both of you."

I give him a longing stare and shakily walk out of the tent, the witch follows behind with a wicked smirk printed on her face.

The crowd stands when Aslan comes out. All of them waiting patiently for the news.

"She has renounced her claim on the son of Adams blood." Aslan announces

Everybody sighs in relief and celebrates. I try to look happy but I can't help the few tears that drop onto my cheeks.

"How do I know your promise will be kept?!" The witch yells over the crowd

Aslan let's out a mighty roar which makes the "queen" sit down shocked.

The crowd cheer and laugh at the witch.

She turns away on her throne and is carried away.

❄️❄️❄️

That night I can't sleep. I toss and turn, constantly thinking about the deal. Eventually I just get up and get changed into warmer clothes and boots.

It wasn't until 10 or 15 minutes later, Susan and Lucy both woke up.

"Can't you sleep Victoria?" Lucy asks

"No, somethings keeping me up."

Susan stares at me with a questioning look on her face.

"It doesn't matter." I lie

Lucys eyebrows furrow as they look over my shoulder. I turn around and a shadow of a lion is on the side of the tent.

I stand up and beckon the girls to follow. We walk through the forest at a reasonable distance behind him.

"Shouldn't you three be in bed?" He asks

"W-we couldn't sleep." Lucy says

"Please, Aslan." Susan begs "couldn't we come with you?"

"I would be glad of the company for a while." His big eyes looked up at me and I saw they were filled with sadness. "Thank you."

We walk beside him quietly. I run my hands through his thick mane thinking about what life would be like without him.

"It is time," he says "from here I must go on alone."

"But, Aslan-" Susan protests

"You have to trust me. For this must be done." Says "Thank you Susan, thank you Lucy. And victoria, do not worry."

I breathe in deeply and embrace him "I love you." I whisper

"And I You." He Says And He walks off into the forest.

The girls follow him but I, however, can't bear to see what will become of him so I turn around and head back to camp with my head lowered and my hand over my mouth to muffle the sounds of my despair.