Chapter 4

LMAO. 

Hello. i was gone for like 5 years. but i thought i'd do some writing during quarantine-–for fun. we will see if this actually develops into something. xP 

---

Sol POV

I had been talking to Jungyoon almost everyday now because seating arrangements had changed and I now sat behind her. 

She was still shy, soft-spoken, and private about her life as always but I was enjoying getting to know her. She didn't seem to have any other friends, which was strange for such a sweet girl like her. Slowly but surely she was starting to open up to me and rely on me more.

But there was still one thing I was dying to know about her and it was a matter of time before my patience burst. I confronted her head on.

We were sitting in our empty classroom during lunchtime while all of the other kids were in the cafeteria. If we had a chance to spend time alone with zero harassment guaranteed, we figured this was our best bet. 

"––my brother is in the military completing his service right now so it's just my mom and I at home. And our dog Hannah," I heard her say as I zoned back into our conversation. 

I slightly nodded, glancing around the classroom. My eyes landed on another pair of eyes, between the crack of the slightly open door of the classroom. I immediately recognized them. They were sharp and cold like ice. Hanbin.

He was nonchalantly walking down the hallway but there was no way that he was unaware of our presence inside the classroom during lunch all this time. I expected him to burst through the doors but he kept walking, out of sight after a split second. 

I needed to know what was up. I turned back to Jungyoon. 

"Hey, not to scare you... But one, I just saw Hanbin walk down the hallway and we made eye contact. And two, I just want to know why he's always harassing you. You don't have to tell me everything but I care about you and I want to do anything I can to help."

There was an uncomfortable pause. But Jungyoon took a breath and looked into my eyes. They were dark, deep, and stable. There was no hint of fear, for the first time. "You know I can trust you with everything. And I'm sorry I've been keeping this from you. I just hate thinking about it, thats all..." She trailed off. 

I waited.

"Hanbin liked me. A lot. Probably still does. And I rejected him." 

What? 

"That's it?" I protested. "That's why he treats you like literal garbage? For god's sake Jungyoon! He has come so close to hitting you, that's ridiculous." 

"I mean, yeah," she replied. "He just couldn't handle that I rejected him. I told him I hated his personality and the way he treated people and to never talk to me again. It set him off." 

I was confused. And frustrated. But I had no choice but to believe her. "Okay. If you say so. But I'll have you know that that is the most absurd reason for someone to be hurting someone like he does to you. But I also know he is psychotic and that is his M-O... I don't know, Jungyoon. We need to do something to make him stop."

Jungyoon seemed lost in space as she stared out the window.

The doors to the classroom abruptly slid open. Donghyuk, Bobby, and Chanwoo walked in. 

"Are we interrupting something?" Bobby asked with a smirk. 

Jungyoon, surprised, quickly shook her head.