Chapter 17

Peter~

I crash back onto the ground with a thud, my limbs collapsing together. What the heck was that?

I roll over onto my side and sit up, glancing around looking for Carlos and Wendy, who I assume were thrown multiple directions too.... but by what?

My head stops moving as I hear it.

Loud, rough, sickening call of one that a human can not create.

I scramble to get up, back onto my steady feet. I hear the cry again.... it's not near me... but it's somewhere. Some where within these twisted tunnels inside this..... cave?

Who knows?

My head pulses and throbs as I start to walk further through the darkness. I swallow a lump that I hadn't noticed had formed in my throat.

I scan all around me, I just can't figure out how we all got separated and-

I'm cut off.

When I hear it.

The human cry. Cry. Plead. For help.

Shit.

Boy this ain't Carlos... unless it is?

My helpless wondering turns into walking. My heart rate picks up as I try to manoeuvre my way though the darkness. The never ending darkness.

Following the human cry, is an ear piercing, gut twisting screech.

No no, what the hell is this thing?

The ground starts to rumble and shake, as vibrations surround the entire tunnel. As if a herd is approaching?

Oh god.

I need to find them. Now.

As my heart rate increase, I start to feel my breath catch in my throat. Sweat rolls down the side of my head. I bend over as my eyes blacken and my world goes dizzy. The world circles, cry's for help, and inhuman calls rupturing my ears, but yet it is still so far away.

My vision encloses, breaths shorten and I loose all sense, collapsing to the ground, the world out from under me as I lay in a haze. Dead. Well not really. But I may look it.

***

Sharp pains erupt through my wrist, and my shoulder aches. I feel the circulation in my hands and fingers drifting.

As I am opening my eyes I feel bumps and lumps hitting my sides and feel a tight grip on my ankles.
What the?

In a hazy and blurry vision I see darkness and.... Wendy? Huh?

As my vision sharpens she sees me and locks eye contact.... she looks... drained.

She rolls her eyes, quickly covering up her relief on her face.

"You sure do weigh bricks Peter." She says.

For a moment I am severely confused, then I see, she is holding my ankles and is carrying me up off the ground. I tilt my head up and back and see Carlos hauling the other half of me. Oh?

"Well a man of bricks, is a man of muscle." I say back and wink at good ol Wendy. But where are we?

Her jaw drops and slams my legs into the rocky ground beneath me. Did I say something?