Will You...(67)

Hannah POV

I laid in bed starring at the ceiling. It's been a month already. Actually a little over a month...

"Han?" Matt said from the doorway. "Want to come watch a movie with Carter, Kayla and I. Everyone else is still sleeping." I nodded and slid out of bed. I put on Matthew's sweatshirt and intertwined our fingers as we walked into the living room. Carter smiled. His face didn't look as pale and his eyes had that twinkle they were missing for awhile.

"What movie are we watching?" I asked.

"Actually I think I'm going to take Carter out!" Kayla said and Carter looked at her. "Surprise!" She laughed. They got up and walked out of the front door, leaving me and Matthew on the couch alone.

"Cloud 9?" Matthew asked. I nodded and laughed. He's so cute. He pulled me closer to him and laid my head on his lap. "Babe?"

"Yeah?"

"Guess what?" He asked. I could feel his smirk.

"What?"

"I love you!" He kissed behind my ear. I turned around laughing as he tickled my tummy.

"Stop it hurts it hurts it hurts!" I said between laughs. Matt stopped and let me catch my breath. I turned back to the movie and zoned in. Matthew's fingers ran through my fine hair. "I love you too!" I said and it caused him to chuckle slightly.

McKenna POV

"Skylynn, we're going to the park! Get your coat and boots!" She made a horse noise and ran to me with a coat in hand and boots on. I zipped her coat up and tied a scarf around her neck. Her mittens matched her hat.

"Ready ladies?" Nash asked, glowing more than usual. I locked the door behind us and followed Nash and Skylynn down to the park. It was right down the street from the apartment. Nash's fingers found mine and he swung our arms back and fourth.

We stopped at the coffee shop and got 2 hot chocolates and a kid size one too. We made our way to "our" bench. I sat next to Sky as Nash looked around mumbling things.

"Hey Kenna, look!" Skylynn giggled. I looked at where her finger pointed. Nash held a small velvet box.

"McKenna." Oh my... "I just want to say that I've never felt this connected with anyone ever before. I love you with all of my being." Tears formed in my eyes. "It's soon, I know. But I don't ever want to risk loosing you again. You make me feel happy when I'm sad, and you keep me strong. I am who I am now because of you."

"Nash." I said quietly as he opened the box. A beautiful silver band with 3 big square diamonds was inside.

"He wouldn't get one with a horse on it." Skylynn said happily. I smiled and pulled her onto my lap as Nash lowered to one knee.

"Kenna, will you do me the most amazing honor any man could ever have. Will you marry me?"

Mari POV

I woke up to see it was 11:35. I had a weird feeling in my stomach. Probably just a cold.

"Morning baby!" Cameron rolled over kissing my lips.

Oh shit.

I got up and sprinted to the bathroom, opening the lid and doing just what I haven't done in months.

"I swear, I swear its not my fault!" I said quietly once I was done. Cameron helped me up and set me on the counter. He washed my face with a warm rag. Why was I sick? I'd been craving pickles and peaches. And my period....it had been a while. Shit. "Cam....could I be? There's no way right?"

"Mari?"

"Yeah."

"I didn't um use ah protection when we ah you know." Cameron said brushing his hands through his hair. My heart sank. Could I really be...

"I think Hannah has one." I slid off the counter and walked into Matt's bathroom. under the sink there was three. I took one back to Cam's room. I shut the bathroom door and did as instructed. 30 minutes later I called in Cameron.

"It's..."

McKayla POV

"Why are we here?" Carter asked as we stood on a giant hill overlooking the ocean.

"Over there, that's where Crista decided to burry Sky's ashes. She knew how much Sky liked it here." I locked or fingers together and walked to the stone marked Sky Jade. It was a grey and black marble and it had a giant pot of flowers to the right side. Carter let go of my hand and slid something off his neck.

His cross necklace.

He laid it down right infront of the stone.

"For you, baby." He whispered. I let him take his time. He didn't struggle to sit down like he usually does. He also has more energy. Maybe he's getting better. Maybe he'll make it!

"I'm ready to go back home." Carter said getting up. I nodded and locked our arms, leaning onto his shoulder.

As we walked back down the hill I felt him slow down, and then I started to fall, too. He wasn't there. I looked on the ground. He laid there, still and eyes closed.

"CARTER!!!"

---------------------------------

It's done. ✌️

Check out my short sequel, Chasing the Tide :)

Thanks for an enjoyable time writing:) LOVE YOU ALL!💜💜💙💙💚💚💛💛❤️❤️

@mckaylapetrie on twitter and instagram

kaypet88 is my kik

mckayla88 is snapchat😂