Chapter One (Edited )

Picture of Layla

The music was blasting in my ears and the smell of alcohol and smoke burned my nostrils and I just couldn't take it anymore so like any reasonable person i snuck out of the house party my friends dragged me into and i knew they wouldn't even notice that i had slipped out. it's around ten right now and i'm walking home since my house was literally like a block away .the air was cold and fresh and left a cold feeling in my lungs every time i took a breath ,unlike the musty atmosphere at that party. I walked over to my driveway and I noticed that three slick black SUV were sitting in the driveway and i started to get concerned since i knew my dad was doing illegal stuff so i ran as fast as i could to the front door and took my key out of my back pocket and unlocked the door. i opened the door in a slick motion and started looking for my dad.

once i got to the kitchen i looked over to where he was standing and saw that he was shaking hands with a guy they with a depressed expression and which made my mind wonder what they were talking about. after they exchanged words he then looked toward me and his face went white then shifted into a sad expression.

"u-um...Sweetie t-this is Mr. Knight you will um be moving in with him tonight..i-- just please go get your things. ....Mr. Knight this is my daughter Layla she's just like what I said she would be like...just promise me...don't hurt her." my dad said

"what what ? dad what do you mean" I said ready to blow up in my dad's face.

The tall figured man who I'm guessing is Mr.knight turned his attention to me and said in a cold voice "I'll have one of my men help you with your bags" and ended it with a douche tone. "I want you to help her with her things now go" he ordered and he ran  up the stairs and the other guys that looked around the same age as him walked around me and out the front door.

"Dad how can you do this to me!?" I  yelled pointing my finger at his face

"I owed him money...and I didn't have it..and he offered me to sell you and I  took it...my selfishness getting the best of me so I  decided that I would .. I don't know why I  regret it sweetie I  really do.

"YOU WHAT" I yelled

"I sold you to Mr. Knight for the money that I owed him saying that out loud makes it even worse now that i think about it.."

"WHAT YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!"

"i..i am, now please go get your things Mr. Knight doesn't like wait."

I ran up to my room grabbed my duffel bag and started to pack my things out of fear because I don't know what Mr.knight could do to me and he did look scary as hell. As I was packing I felt eyes on the back of my head so I wiped my gaze around to see a man was leaning on my door frame. He was tall around 6"1 with shaggy blonde hair and brown eyes and may I say he was well built. His shirt was covering up a tattoo and I  could see the black ink peeping out from underneath his sleeve.

"Mr. Knight sent me to come help you with your bags." the man said in a low voice that causes shivers down my spine.

"I'm almost done" I said coldly trying to hide my fear.

"Yeah, Whatever just hurry up Mr. Knight doesn't like to wait." he said as he hurried back down stairs.

Rude much way is everyone telling me that Mr. Knight don't like to wait anyways. I finished packing and headed down stairs and before i could say anything the man who was leaning on my door frame grabbed my duffel bag and walked me to Mr. Knight car. The man opened the door for me . I looked back at my father and gave him a glare and then got into the car.

"About damn time." a voice said and i shot my head toward the noise.

I heard the car come to life but i just looked out the window and watched as my life was flying by before my eyes.

Please vote and comment :)❤❤❤❤