Chapter 4

Payton's Point of View:
Oh my gosh we kissed; it was the best kiss I've ever had but Jonah out of all people a.k.a my best friends brother. Esther's going to hate me. And I can't keep it a secret, because that will make her hate me even more. I'll tell her tomorrow. We had dinner, Esther and Jonah went to bed and I went for a shower.

Jonah's Point of View:
I could hear quiet singing coming from the bathroom from where I was sleeping. I got up out of bed and walked down the hall to where the door of the bathroom stood, resting my ear on it and listening. It was Payton, a voice of a million angels; I kept listening not even noticing the water turn off. Suddenly the bathroom door open making me turn around and full onto the ground. OH GOD.

"I like to go on a couple of dates before someone sees all that," she said.

When I fall onto the floor, I could see right up her towel. Yes of course I closed my eyes right after. Why do I keep making this awkward?

Payton's Point of View:
After a couple of minutes after that awkward moment, I still couldn't sleep. I walked to spare room where Jonah is staying. He was still awake on his phone.

"Sorry to annoy who but do you want to watch some movies," I asked Jonah.

"Sure," he said getting out of bed and standing up.

He followed me into my room and helped me set up the pillows as I set up my TV with the movie. We lay down watching The Purge, yup just like my father I like "scary" movies but they actually calm me down enough to fall asleep. I suddenly feel a pair of arms around me, pulling me into a warm body. I look up at Jonah and he's there watching me. He moved his hand to the couple of strands of hair that was hanging down in my face; he moved them out of the way. He leaned himself down to where his lips were just in front of mine.

"Esther will kill us," I say.

"I don't care," he said.

"Can I," he added, I nodded.

He leaned in closer until our lips were touching

He leaned in closer until our lips were touching. We held the kiss in until we both broke it for air. Without any words we both cuddled closer and fall asleep.

Esther's Point of View:
I woke up to see if Payton and Jonah wanted to go to the beach.  But Jonah wasn't in the bedroom. I checked everywhere but no Jonah, until I checked on Payton. Both Jonah and Payton were on her bed cuddled up together, while the theme page of The Purge was playing. I'm glad to see them like this Payton looks so happy and Jonah looks like he really likes her. But Payton's been through a lot, and I'm pretty sure she hasn't told him about the big secret. I know all she's told him was some about her ex.

(JUST A BIT OF A SHORT UPDATE SO I WON'T LEAVE YOU ON A CLIFFHANGER)