Chapter 5

Enjoy

"Freeze right there! This is the police!" He said and began to shoot at the killer "Freeze" He said and began to run, but the killer was apparently faster because the gap continued to increase at each step.

The officer then began to grow weary. The killer ran towards the window at the end of the hallway with so much speed and shot it at the edges.

This is a mistake. Damn it

The killer thought before he got to the window and jumped into the window and the impact with the cracks enabled it to shatter.

He fell from the second floor of the 3-storey building and then landed on the back seat of his roofless Ferrari. He rushed to the driver's seat and drove off.

The police officer stopped at the former position of the window and looked amazed at the killer's skill and speed. Few minutes later, some police officers arrived. They all were shocked and each began to make calls to some other police officers. In an hour, the building was with both police officers and medics some reporters were present.

Charles looked at the dead man and shook his head and as usual, Martin was interrogating the witness.

"What really happened?"

"I went down the stairs to go home as the DPO said I should leave. Then I remembered a message, given to me to me to tell to the DPO. I ran back to his office only to see him dead. I went out to call you people but I heard the door open but when I turned, I saw a man in black running. I tried to shoot him but the bullets just bounce off him I then had to run after him but it surprised me that he was fast. Then he shot the window at the 4 edges and then jumped into it and fell into a Ferrari"

"Thank you" Martin said to him

Charles looked at the table and saw no footprints he looked up and saw the ceiling slightly ajar. He then climbed on top of the table and gloved his hands before removing it. He then saw that the chamber in it was big enough to accommodate three people on each other comfortably. He then brought it down and gave a police officer.

"Check these for finger prints"

"Okay sir"

"Got anything?" Charles asked

"Yes. It seems like our killer is a fast runner and he is strong and fearless. At least he made a mistake this time"

"I don't think so. He must have planned all this. He must have known that something might not go as planned and therefore decided to park his car by the side of the building that faces the window. He knew this office had a remove able ceiling so he made use of it. My best guess is that our killer is smarter than we think. He is ever prepared and knows who he is against and knows all about where is victim will be and is also very rich."

Martin nodded his head and as usual, Charles had beaten him in the brainstorming part.

"You are right. So the drawing, what have you done about it?"

"I gave it to the NIA to search their data base to see if they have any match at all so we could give the real picture to the media to do their job."

"Good, for now we at least know who we are against. A man who knows his victims and the places all his victims will be and are. Just like Margat hotel, he knew the place now the Police station he also knew. He must have always done his research maybe even before starting his killing spree," Martin said wisely.

"We have to know more about this guy, who he is, where he stays and who he will kill next and also why he is killing these people." Charles said after sighing.

"Before he strikes again"

See you on Thursday