Chapter 6

How was your valentine everyone. I hope you all enjoyed yours because I did.

Enjoy. Very soon, the story will get heated so get ready.

The handsome young man was in his room staring at a piece of paper that he was holding. He wore gloves and smiled at the paper. He then took a pen and crossed something on it.

"Soon, soon" he said before looking at the picture of a woman, that was on his reading table, and then smiled at the picture before he then looked at another picture of a man and also smiled.

"Soon mum, soon dad." He said and then smiled sadly before blinking away-unwanted tears.

He then sat up and placed another piece of paper on his bed before leaving his room.

* * * * * * *

That afternoon, Charles and Martin stood in the office of the newly chosen DPO.

"My predecessor is dead and he was shot by this killer that is still out there on the street and I have no idea as to why you haven't caught him yet."

"Sir, we can't catch him in a day. He is a very careful killer. He leaves no clue and so we can't go arresting everybody." Martin said clearly very irritated.

"The Governor has paid us a huge sum of money for us to catch this killer and that's to tell you that he is even interested in finding who this killer is."

"We'll do our best." Charles said

They both left the DPO's office to have lunch in a restaurant. While in the car, Martin was very irritated.

"I can't believe it. This new DPO that when he was a detective couldn't catch a robber until after a week is here complaining about our incompetence."

"Its okay Martin that's what they all do so that they could be seen as very good people. Anyway have you noticed that this guy give a day interval after each kill?"

"Yes I have and he only kills at night."

"Exactly, that means only one thing. That he will kill this night. I just wish. I know his targets"

Martin got home to rest and before going out again to handle police problems.

"Daddy, daddy you are home, welcome" Martins little daughter said as she hugged her father as if her life depended on it.

"My big girl, how are you?"

"I'm fine daddy. And I got 10/10 in math today"

"That's my girl, what of Tunde, what did he get?"

"I don't know maybe you should ask him" She said and ran off towards her room.

Tunde, his 10-year-old boy, came out of his room and ran to hug his dad.

"Dad, good morning"

"Tunde, how are you?"

"I'm fine dad?"

"So what did you get in your math?"

"I got 10/10"

"That's my boy. So where is your mommy?"

"She's in the kitchen preparing garri and okra soup"

"Wow my favourite meal." He said and went to the kitchen in.

His wife was preparing the soup and did not even notice him when he entered the room because of the headphone on her head.

"Hey honey" Martin said and pecked her and held her waist.

She smiled and turned to look at him. "Welcome home darling"

"Thank you sweet heart. I am glad that I am home in time to eat my favourite meal cooked by my fabulous wife. I will be in the living room" Martin said and left the kitchen.

*                            *                               *                           *                               *

The handsome young man entered a club with his smile as he saw girls and boys rocking each other.

Interesting

He sat on a stool when he got to the bar and ordered a drink, red wine. He just kept on smiling as usual until his eyes met the eye of a very charming woman and she was dancing with a guy. He smiled the more when their eyes met and his smile caused her to blush.

He then got down from his stool after drinking his wine and paying. He waltzed towards her with so much courage and kept on smiling

"Hi" He said not caring about the eyes that were trying to bore a whole in his back.

"Hi" She said smiling and blushing, and that even angered her partner the more that he was even fuming.

"Can I steal you for a while?" he asked and when the girl looked behind him, he turned around. "Oh hey. Are you her partner? Sorry but I have to steal hr for a while"

"Whatever" The man said and walked away

"Care for a dance" He asked looking at her

"No problem" She responded blushing he more.

"What's your name?"

"It is Bella."

"Nice name"

They then danced for a while before he dragged her to a seat for them to have a drink.

"So are you in a relationship?" he asked her

"No I'm not. You haven't told me your name you know?"

"Well, I don't tell people my name the first time I meet them. Maybe the next time we meet I will tell you"

"Okay? So we'll meet again"

"If you want my name that is"

"Okay. Here's my number, call me when you want to know my name"

"You want me to fix a date for us? O come on you are the man."

"Hey that was a joke," he said and chuckled

"I have to go now it's late"

"Let me give you a ride" he offered.

"Okay no problem"

They then walked out of the club to see a dark sky to signify it was night. They then strode to his Ferrari.

"Cool ride"

"Thanks" They then drove off.

From this chapter on, things will get more dangerous for our detective. Will this Fredrick be caught?

Enjoy my long chapter. See you on Monday.