Chapter 1

The beautiful 'Margat' hotel had already been flooded by the reporters in Lagos and also by onlookers that morning. The Lagos Police department had tried their best in creating a nice distance between the murder scene and the people.

In the hotel, police officer were taking pictures and also the medics were there carrying the dead bodies out of the room, Room 219.

People were cleared from the entire hotel because tampered evidence was the last thing they were looking for in the middle of an investigation.

In the room were two detectives one was in a brown suit, white shirt and brown trousers while the other was in a black suit white shirt and black trousers. They both looked young and in their thirties or so but one apparently looked older. The one that looked older went to speak with the owner of the hotel who was pretty shaken up and very scared.

"So do you know any of the dead?"

"Yes. The Senator, Senator Musa and his regular prostitute Amaka"

"What of the waiter?"

"He's my son" The man said and then finally broke down in tears

"Well sorry for your loss but still this hotel is going to be shut down until we find the killer" The older detective said

"But my family will starve. This is our only source of income and still I owe BOI N4 million"

"Well that's your problem not mine. You'll tell me how a man will enter this hotel and know the exact room where the Senator entered and then kills them all"

"I don't know why or how someone would do so"

"Well how about someone who knew when someone came in and knew that someone's room"

"Hey you are trying to say I killed the senator, his whore and then my son"

"Well you could be lying about the son part" The detective said and it was already obvious to the other officers that the interrogation was turning into an accusation.

"It's okay Martin, Chillax. Sir I heard that you owe BOI some money" The younger detective said as he walked in to stop the accusation from turning into a physical, emotional and psychological fight and also an argument.

"Yes"

"I would speak to my superiors that will help get the news to the government and your payment could be held on suspension till the investigation is over"

"Thank you, you are so kind" The man said in happiness and was then led away by the officers

"Well Martin why do you like pointing accusing fingers on the innocent" The younger detective asked after the man had left.

"What makes him innocent Charles?"

"Well for starters there is no evidence pointing to the owner of Margat hotel and secondly how would the man kill his own son"

"Charles, how sure are you that that man is not lying. What if the boy isn't his son and he just said that so we would pity him. And also what if the boy really is his son then maybe he didn't know that his son would be the one to be in that room."

"Let us assume that your theory actually is true, there is no evidence to prove you right. Now why don't we calm down and then see if there is any evidence around" Charles said parting Martin's back

"Yah you are right. Why don't we go check the security cameras and see if we could find anything?"

Charles and Martin then strode out of the room and headed towards the security room. When they got there they both sat down and began to check through the videos. They were checking when suddenly Charles saw a video that made him freeze.

"Martin, come and take a look"

Hi guys it is so great to post my first mystery book on wattpad I just hope i am good enough for you guys. please tell me what you think about the story and don't forget to vote