Chapter 6

Mabel's POV

"I just don't get it Gideon." I pace back and forth as he sits in his cage. I couldn't unlock the lock on it, so I sadly had to leave him in it. "What could make Dipper act like this? He's never been this..." I pause, tapping my chin briefly. "This..."

"Cruel, psychotic, sadistic, insane..." Gideon listed on.

"Mean." I finished for him, looking him in the eye. "I have never seen Dipper be this mean!" I stomp my foot lightly. "They had to have done something to him, manipulated him somehow..."

"Maybe he is like this...naturally? You know due to circumstances? I mean, according to you, he lived in this...nightmare realm for years, amongst these...abominations. Maybe he had to change to survive?" He shrugged, shifting into a more natural position, unable to stretch his legs out. "This cage is much smaller than I remembered..."

"I can't accept that Gideon!" I turn to him, crying out at that. "Dipper wouldn't just, become like this! He's far too nice for that! He wouldn't find joy in someone's pain genuinely, or laugh at someone who was scared! I'm telling you Gideon, they did something to him, but only if I could figure out how to fix it."

"Well, the best way to fix something, is to find out what is wrong, and what has caused it. Can't fix a problem if you don't know what is causing it?" I turn to him as he shrugged, a small smile on his face.

"But how are we going to find out the problem if he barely will talk to me??" I groan, plopping down onto the bed in despair.

"If only we knew what was, going on in that messed up mind of his." He stated simply.

"Wait a minute, Gideon that's it!!" I jump up and hug him through the cage. "We'll enter his mind to find out what's wrong with him! Then we can turn him back to normal and we can defeat the evil triangle guy forever!" I grin widely.

"How do we get into his mind Mabel, I don't know any spells that can do that, and I doubt that you do, no offense."

"I take that as a compliment. Actually, I don't KNOW it, but I do know where it is! The third journal has a spell that lets you enter someone's mind! That's how we defeated your plan using Bill that first time 5 years ago! No offense."

"Fair enough, but where are the journals? Do you think Dipper kept it after all this time?"

"I am positive! At the very least, he had to have it earlier, he used it!"

"Alright, let's go get it!"

"YEAH!" I jump up and he attempts to do so too, but he hits his head. "Oh, okay, I'll go get it and...you just sit tight, okay??" I sneak out of my room, and quietly get to his. I listen at the door to make sure he is asleep. I slip in as quietly as I can, and get over to the bookcase, digging through it for the journal.

"Let's see, The Sibling Brothers? Aren't you a little old for those Dipper?" I chuckle a little bit and keep digging until I find it. I smile at it happily and turn it in my hands. "Don't worry Bro-Bro, for once, I'll be saving you." I grip the book tightly and head back to the door, ready to head back with it.

"It's rather impolite to steal people's things, and comment on their reading options."

I turn quickly, and sure enough, Dipper was awake, sitting up in his bed and staring me down. I back up as he walked up to me, my hands hiding the book behind my back.

"Shooting Star, what do you want, and why did you decide to steal one of my books?" I stare up at him in surprise and a little bit of fear. I just have to get him back to my room so we can recite the incantation.