Prolouge

(Melody)
Slowly the last tear slid off my face, filling the basin beneath me. The mourning period had finally ended; all that was left to do was to put the tear water onto the freshly planted flower seeds, and carve my name onto the back of of my mother's grave. I gently picked up the basin and carried to the grave, slowly I let the water trickle over the soil. Setting down the basin I pick up the rugged knife and knelt before the back of my mother's grave. I move my arm back and forth, carving my name in the cold stone; getting into the calming groove I allowed my mind to wander and contemplate over everything that had happened the past two weeks. My mother, Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, arriving home in her carriage. Dead. My father Rowan Whitehorn Galathynius has held her cold corpse for days singing and talking in a language I could not understand, when he finally released her body , he ran, he disappeared, he abandoned me. Now I am alone. I have to deal with my revealing powers and self control. I snap out of the past. I look at my carving, Melody Nehemia Galathynius, permanently engrave in stone. Carefully I stood up and began to walk towards the mouth of the cave. When I reached the opening of the cave I turned back and whispered, "Goodbye Mother." With that I walked out of the cave, away from my old life, embracing the new.