Melody

I turned my back on that arrogant, womanizing, jerk, of a man, and marched inside my new home. I could hear Noah setting up camp outside. For a moment out there he had dropped his armour and I could see the person I loved so deeply, but he had disappeared as quickly as he had come. I tried my best to forget about Noah as I bustled around fixing food and leaks. I had almost completely forgotten about Noah, when a knock at the door startled me so much, I jumped and hit my head on my low hanging roof.
"What is it Noah," I drawl. "Why it's just so cold." Noah retorted, his voice dripping sarcasm. Exasperated I ask, "What do you need, you mangy lowlife." "I brought presents. If I remember correctly you do enjoy gifts don't you?" "Yes indeed I do, but I have no need of your inconsequential gifts." "Well in that case I'll just have to come in Santa style." Ugh it was almost as though I could feel and hear his grin through the door. "Well if you choose that route I might have to deal with you little pig style." Noah voice changed, it went from arrogant and teasing to meaningful and exhausted, "Mel please. I really am sorry. Can I please try to make it up to you." I heaved a sigh and said through my teeth, "Ok Noah, but don't say I didn't warn you. Come on in."
Noah walked in and shook off the water droplets clinging to his coat. He stepped fully through the door. When he lifted his head it was all I could do to stifle my gasp. Without the hatred contorting his face he was, he was breathtaking. Noah's blue eyes were deeper than the great seas themselves and were always changing tone because they reflected the light and color of everything around him; his light brown hair was long but not in a gross way, he had good build and a strong jaw. He was perfect. His lips turned upward into a grin and I realized I had been gaping. I could feel the heat rushing to my face and ears.
"Earth to Mel. We're calling. Earth to Mel." Ugh he was so arrogant and full of himself. "Yah,yah now what did you want." "Not what I wanted, but what I came to bestow upon you. Malady." Noah extended his hands and opened them up to reveal a small kitten. I couldn't help it, I let out a squeal and grabbed the kitten and began to pet it. "Oh Noah it's just wonderful. What is it a girl or a boy?" Noah let out a chuckle. "It's a girl." "Has she a name?" Noah grinned, "no I was going to let you choose, however I'm leaning towards a name like Selena or Shade." I lifted the kitten up to my eyes, "I declare you Selena." Selena began purring. "Oh I think she likes it!" Noah laughed and turned to leave,but right before he left he said in a quiet almost reverent voice, " Goodbye my princess, and just for my own good let me say I love you." This left me slightly rattled because as soon as he said that he hurried out the door and bolted it behind him